Returning Player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by thefifthlion, May 20, 2021.

1. thefifthlion New Member

As the title states, I'm a returning player and here are my questions:
    1) How do I know my expansion status, what the current expansion is and do I need it (maybe to unlock certain things)?
    2) My current levels are 80 Zerker and Brigand. What is the preferred leveling strat now; grinding mobs, questing or other? Where do I go to grind, quest or other for my level and do I need a merc, since I mostly solo, for now.
    3) Both of my characters are stripped so where and how do I equip myself again? I need like a link or a direction to a guide for this because I fear that it's a long explanation, lol.
    4) Where do I find a progression guide; like what zones to go appropriate to your level and stuff like that.

Other than that, if you guys have anything else to add, that would be greatly appreciated. And thank you in advance for those who took a bit of their time to help out and share information, you guys are a saint.
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Dilon Active Member

Not sure how you can easily tell - maybe if you log into the Everquest 2 website it will have a history of expansions purchased? As far as current expansion, it is Reign of Shadows and purchasing it will unlock all prior expansions as well so if you want to play the old content that you missed you'll have to buy it.

For older content just figure out which expansion you left off at, which would be next, and follow the solo timeline through those expansions. Once you hit level 100, if you no longer want to do old content for the sake of story and just want to progress your character, go to Plane of Magic until you hit level 110, then go to The Blinding and do the quests until you hit level 120, then go to Fordel Misdt which is the current expansion hub.

Having said that, I would strongly recommend that you play through the old content in order and not rush it. There' s really nothing special waiting for you at the endgame except for a tremendous grind.

You may need to ask in chat if anyone can you make you a set of level appropriate mastercrafted gear. Not sure what your other option would be. Beginning with Planes of Prophecy, each hub zone will have a chest of starter gear for you to use which will be way better than anything else you could get to that point. But you'll need to get to level 100 first.

Look up the solo timeline on wiki and just follow it.
  3. thefifthlion New Member

Thanks a lot Dilon for the information. The big wall I'm hitting now is the "how do I equip myself with only 5 Plat to my name" lol.
  4. Blazen Active Member

5. Golur New Member

Just got back a few days ago myself, and had similar questions. For identifying the expansions you already have, a player in-game told me a /show_ sequence that showed all my Expacs, but I didn't not it down before logging, sorry - something like /show_account_something or other...
    Maybe some nice knowledgeable person will fill us both in with the info?

As for the rest - I'm grinding my TSkills up first (as that's easiest!) and will then take 1 or 2 toons through the expacs I've missed. I've no wish to raid for a while, so I'll take it slow and do plenty of harvesting, questing, and shiny hunting :)
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

show account features
    Breanna likes this.