Returning Player

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Xordus, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Xordus Member

Old player (off and on since launch) and was wondering where the TLE is now? What expansion are you on? Just curious before I jump back in and start playing. Don't want to be too far behind (like I am on Live) Thank you
  2. Paru New Member

Unofficial Kaladim Release Schedule (if the server lasts this long). We are currently on EoF. In my opinion, you are still very early.

Original - 3/16/2019
    The Bloodline Chronicles/The Splitpaw Saga (Adventure Packs) - 5/14/2019
    Desert of Flames - 7/9/2019 - Level 60
    Kingdom of Sky - 10/29/2019 - Level 70, 50 AA, Subclass Tree
    The Fallen Destiny (Adventure Pack) - 12/24/2019 (likely week before or after due to Christmas)
    Echoes of Faydwer - 2/18/2020 - 100 AA, AA Class Tree, Tinkering,Adorning,Transmuting
    Mid-content release - 4/14/2020 - Unrest/Shard of Fear
    Rise of Kunark - 6/9/2020 - Level 80, 140 AA, Guild Halls? (not sure at release or mid-content if released), Epics
    Mid-content release - 8/4/2020 - Shard of Hate/Veksar?/Guild Halls?
    The Shadow Odyssey - 9/29/2020 - 200 AA, Shadows Tree
    Mid-content release - 11/24/2020 - Shard of Love, Kurn’s Tower, Charasis, and 4 raid zones, Possibly Chronomentoring if added (date could be week before or after due to US Thanksgiving Holiday)
    Sentinel's Fate - 1/19/2021 - 250 AA, Level 90
    Mid-content release - 3/16/2021 - Icy Keep:Retribution, Underfoot Depths
    Destiny of Velious - 5/11/2021 - Heroic AA, 300 AA, Flying/Gliding Mounts
    Mid-content release - 7/6/2021 - 3 Heroic Zones, 1 X2 raid, 3 X4 raids + Plane of War
    Age of Discovery - 8/31/2021 - Level 92, 320 AA, Mercs (if added on TLE), Apprentices, Reforging
    Mid-content release (if any) - 10/26/2021
    Chains of Eternity - 12/21/2021 - Level 95, Prestige AA, Loyalty system
    Mid-content release - 2/15/2022 - Cobalt Scar/Siren’s Grotto, Fabled Zones - Clefts of Rujark, Scornfeather’s Roost, Djinn Master’s Prism, Pedestal of Sky
    Tears of Veeshan - 4/12/2022 - 340 AA, Dragon Tree
    Mid-content release (if any) - 6/7/2022
    Altar of Malice - 8/2/2022 Level 100, Prestige Tree, Legendary, Fabled, Mythical Crits, Ancient Spells
    Rum Cellar (Campaign) - 9/27/2022
    Terrors of Thalumbra - 11/22/2022
    Mid-content release (if any) - 1/17/2023
    Kunark Ascending - 3/14/2023
    Mid-content release (if any) - 5/9/20
    Argosunited likes this.
  3. Xordus Member

Thank you. And considering the amount of expansions, yes, it’s still early. Although your statement about the server not lasting is a bit ominous. o_O
  4. Venser Active Member

TLE dies in SF and its lucky if you get to DoV mid content before they open a new TLE and transfer your toon to AB.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

I have a feeling we see another TLE before SF.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Silver-Crow Member

Saying that, Kaladim is the only server that has EQ2 as you remember it. The later expacs are all pay to win and the stats on gear starts to get numbers in the millions i.e. meaningless.

EQ2 is probably only good up until the point they kill it off anyway, so you're not missing anything really.
    If you enjoy the game, just play it for what is, here and now. When it gets merged and a new TLE lands, then either stick with your character on live, or start afresh. There are no deletions, so your not losing anything by playing on a TLE server now.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

Not quite, but closer than live yes.

I would enjoy playing through DoV, AoD, and CoE. But that would require the server to not be a dumpster fire through the first ~ 2 years of it's life cycle, or for them to start a server around RoK/TSO so it still has some resemblance of a population come DoV.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

And I'd fear that we'd yet again abandon everything learned from previous TLEs and just reset gear and raid/heroic content and end back up at square 1.

If they do open a new TLE they should just start it at EoF [Edit: and go with 14 week unlocks]. There have been three TLEs already that have gone through SL-> KoS, and I find it hard to believe there are legions of people out there that want to go through them again for 9-12 months. And I'd have to imagine the amount of work required to re-balance content shrinks the closer you approach DoV/AoD when the original sweeping itemization changes were implemented but of course I could be way off on that one.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I don't think majority of the player-base enjoys TSO/SF/DoV because it's when the game starts to have a lot more abilities and you don't just run around pressing the same 8 buttons with zero reuse speed.

DoV on FG was incredibly awful, but at least the fights were much more entertaining and had much more going on than other earlier expansion zones. SF was only not cleared because channeler pets were falling through the map on 4RT and XYZ had more hp than the entire rest of the nameds in Underfoot Depths combined.

As far as a new TLE. I'd wager that it's gonna hit around the spring of next year, right when the server is in SF and DoV is around the corner.

I just think with all the changes to all the heroic/prestige abilities on live it's gonna be impossible for them to really let us play Skyshrine/DoV. The wizard left side prestige literally gives a million ability mod, and the right side for mystics gives crit bonus.

I think a best play situation to make everything work would be to gambit on a TLE that stats at EoF/RoK and let it run out as far as it can go and simultaneously make one from T5 that progresses until SF. That way I don't have to suffer through boring content for months just to get to mobs that actually have scripts. I don't particularly find Vox fun, or any of DoF, or really any of KoS. It's just too different of a game that it doesn't translate well into this TLE Model of live stats/mechanics stripped down and put onto content that was designed around difficulty being made through gear checks.
    Carynn and Kittik like this.
  10. Kittik Well-Known Member

I've thought this same thing. Starting with this much content on a new server would be a nice draw for a good sized crowd.