Returning Player

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Headkick, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Headkick New Member

Hey guys, I'm back after some time away and I am currently level 100 in level 95 raid gear... I am trying to quest in PoM as suggested by some folks in game, but I cannot kill anything. Is there any help with gear or spells I can get? I wanna get to cap level so I can get grouped up and work on content.. but it's a heck of a struggle. Any thoughts or help would be swell.

Thanks guys!
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

At the main zone in for Planes there's an NPC standing just a bit away from the spire you zone in at. Talk to him and there's a box next to him that will give you a full set of starter gear for the zone. Then work on the signature line in there which will get you upgrades as well.
    This will get you the info on everything you need to get going.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Planes_of_Prophecy_Timeline

W
    elcome back!
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Zartayn Member

What server are you on? On AB I often see people forming groups levels 90+, so ts also possible to not solo :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Seefar Well-Known Member

Welcome back to Norrath!

(If you're on Halls of Fate, look me up: the Lonewolf guild is always looking for recruits!)
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Headkick New Member

This was huge, thank you!!
    Soara2, kingmob23 and Breanna like this.
  6. Headkick New Member

I am on Skyfire :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

It takes about ten hours to solo quest from level 100 to 110. About an hour per level. Getting the same experience from grinding in a group would take over 1000 hours. There is not really much of a choice after level 100. Maybe duoing the same solo quests would be just a little bit faster.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

No problem! I had the exact same issue. Hit 100, figured there'd be an obvious quest hub but first went out to try my hand at some random mobs. Suddenly trash mobs were decimating me lol Then when I revived for the 50th time I decided to look at the chest and voila...gear!
    I would also search the forums and wiki for information on resolve and potency as those become pretty much the only stats that matter after that point.

Any questions, just ask. People on here are really helpful. When I came back about 6 months ago after a 4 or 5 year break I was insanely lost one what was going on in game, and got a load of help and patience from everyone.
    Soara2, Breanna and Seefar like this.
  9. Soara2 Well-Known Member

:(

Welcome to the game, Headkick = ) Move your AA slider to 0 when you are ready to level up, even if you are maxed in AA points!
    Seefar and Breanna like this.
  10. Nelenerap Member

Finding a guild with active players will help a lot as well. There are quite a few on Skyfire that are actively recruiting new and returning players. Hit "U" to open the guild search screen and talk to some of the in-game recruiters.

I'd be failing at my duties if I didn't plug Grievance as one of those guilds recruiting active players. Send Agal a tell next time you're online and we can see if Grievance fits your play style.
    Soara2 likes this.