Returning player

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Kenwefomu, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Kenwefomu New Member

I haven't logged on since 2010. I'm trying to find my characters and what a mess trying to find out what happened to my account. I was going to log in and check the game out but I am unable and do not feel like starting over. How can I find my characters? This is a mess beyond belief that I cannot access the years of work I put in. What can I do?
  2. Wilowsong Active Member

Welcome back!
    If you deleted your characters, you can restore them with some daybreak cash.Hope this helps! :)
    Wilowsong.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

First, don't post the same basic stuff in more than one forum. In your other post from about 15 minutes later, you saud:

(1) Take some big breaths, calm down.

(2) Sony no longer owns EQ2, Daybreak Games does.

(3) If you have your account username(s), do you also have your password(s)? If not, use Recover Password

(4) If that didn't work, read the How do I recover my account? page in the Knowledgebase

(5) If you definitely have both the correct username and password, then start the Lanchpad. If you have a very old Launchpad, then download the current version, install, and start that. On the download page there's a link you should click, "Already have a Daybreak Account? Download the Game."

(6) Once the Launchpad is running, do not select a character name in the box. Let it log in to the character list.

(7) What server(s) do you remember being on?
    • The following servers were merged into what has become the Maj'Dul server: Befallen, Butcherblock, Crushbone, Innothule, Kithicor, Lucan D'Lere, Oasis

• The following servers were merged into what has become the Skyfire server: Freeport, Mistmoore, Nagafen, Permafrost, The Bazaar, Venekor, Vox

• The following servers were merged into what has become the Halls of Fate server: Blackburrow, Everfrost, Guk, Najena, Nektulos, Unrest

• The following servers were merged into what has become the Antonia Bayle server: Deathtoll, Stormhold

• The following servers were merged into what has become the Thurgadin server: Barren Sky, Innovation, Runnyeye, Splitpaw, Storms, Valor
    (8) Player support (this forum) can't really do much to help you with the nuts and bolts of an account related problem. For that you would need to create a support ticket.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can also delete the login cache US and the login cache EU, reload the launchpad and let it run all the way to the character select screen. This has helped people since the round of merges a couple of years ago populate their characters onto the correct merged server. This is assuming of course that you have the user names and passwords. If you are missing either of those, you will need to follow the links provided by Sigrdrifa.

Welcome back and good luck, enjoy the journey.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Kenwefomu New Member

Did everything here more than three times. i only have one eq2 account but sends me everything associated with everquest 1.

from what i can see there have been two server merges since the last time i logged in, sometime in 2011. still no luck and i have a ticket made with no response at this time.

i found out what server i was transferred to which is Maj'dul. I have zero characters on that server other than the ones i made that might repopulate my characters.

This has been a nightmare and have lost any interest in returning.
  6. Wilowsong Active Member

I'm sorry,
    When you contact them, You have to choose Everquest 2. Maybe you chose the wrong game?
    Wilowsong