Returning player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Anarawyn, May 3, 2018.

1. Anarawyn New Member

I have played since the beginning but 2 years ago my life became too insane due to illness and I stopped playing. Lately things have finally settled and I feel like doing things again.

I think I am only missing 2 expansions but all the changes look overwhelming! Where is a good site that is still updated to read up on changes? I was thinking of making a new toon to ease back in but I already have 11 toons lol.

I do solo a lot as I am disabled and sometimes end up having to get up from the computer with no warning. So looking to see how changes may have affected that solo ability.

I am on AB and do have my own small guildhall so travel and such is pretty easy for me.

Thank you in advance for your tips and suggestions.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

If you get bored and want to join a guild that understands RL takes priority, let me know. http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/EverQuest_2_Wiki:Main_Page isn't bad to start with, or http://eq2.zam.com/. Both are decent and I use either/or depending on my mood when I'm questing and need some assistance. I don't play as much as I used to, for several reasons, but I'm on AB as Meneltel and I'm sure others from AB will offer assistance if you wish. With 11 toons, I don't need to offer you bags or pocket change to help you out.

And welcome back, I hope you stay and play with us. I wouldn't get any of the expansions yet, unless you find you really need them. Plenty to do in the ones you can reach with F2P!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Stormy New Member

WB, Anarawyn!

I know my body is convinced she is in control and is a whiny, achy, [suppressed scream of pain] brat most of the time [to put it mildly]. Therefore, I tend to be a loner, errrr ... soloer, most of the time for similar reasons.

I have a single Carpenter on AB - I'll be looking for you - because I do grok how one's body can make what one's mind may consider unreasonable demands [at least until the head and mind join in the agony, errr ... fun].
  4. Anarawyn New Member

Thank you. I did log in for a bit one day but I have so many characters that some of them were not available without a subscription so I decided to wait till my current subscription to DDO was up (May 27th) and then decide what I want to do. I can only afford one subscription or VIP thing a month.

I felt totally overwhelmed when I logged in lol. Part of my illness two years ago ended up causing an anxiety and panic disorder to emerge so I get overwhelmed easy.

I was not sure where to start and almost considered making a new characters but had no open character slots.and would have to delete 3 to open one without a subscription. I was able to figure out I have all expansions up though Terrors of Thalumbra so that should keep me for a bit.

I am a big crafter and my favorite crafters are my provisioner and my carpenter,

My characters are:

Casarina 90 Wizard / 100 Weaponsmith (not available)
    Jeassi 10 Ranger / 21 Armorer (Not Available)
    Anarawyn 6 Defiler / 10 Outfitter (Not Available)
    Kealina 36 Conjuror / 35 Armorer (Dislike this one. Never deleted cause she owns some prestige houses)
    Raelina 90 Beastlord / 100 Alchemist
    Kearina 77 Templar / 95 Woodworker
    Amalena 90 Troubador / 100 Jeweler
    Aileya 90 Illusionist / 100 Provisioner
    Reassi 91 Shadowknight / 100 Carpenter
    Rheassi 96 Warden / 100 Sage

Suggestions on where to start!
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Rangers are mainly dps with almost no group utility, so easiest to play in a group, but kinda hard to solo as they like someone else to take the agro. SKs are fun to me, but im prejudgiced. You might try the templar or the warden, not sure how they are to solo with unless you wish to start a fresh toon. Find a decent guild that will help you and take your time to learn which toon/class that appeals to you the most.

Good luck!
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

I understand where you're coming from. I only just came back after a bit of an absence due to RL things. I'm disabled too and I have to leave suddenly at times. Can't tell you what class to choose but can say that the best thing to do is just pick one and jump in. Don't worry about having anxiety or panic disorder. If you get overwhelmed do what I do. Stop and take a deep breath and just go at your own pace. I have problems with anxiety attacks, paranoia and panic attacks. Sucks but I've just learned to let stupid things roll off my back. The physical problems I have can cause me problems too but again I've learned to not try to keep up with everyone else. I go at my own pace and if some one doesn't like that I say....PLHHHHHH!;) As far as subbing goes I understand it can be hard to afford when one lives on a small budget. Personally I say play F2P until you feel comfortable with the game again. Anyways, WB, enjoy, and have fun!:)
    Rhodris and Meneltel like this.
  7. Anarawyn New Member

I have been messing around here and there. Slowly learning the new things as I go and having a blast. Today I got an email about a free level 100 but I am out of character slots without a membership which I can not do till next week. I do have some daybreak cash saved though. Can it be used to buy a one month membership?

I would have to delete 3 characters to make room and I am not doing that!
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I think its 1000 DBC now for a slot, I ended up deleting 4 toons on servers I never play on or server soon to be merged to make room for my 100.
  9. jccook007 New Member

Welcome back. I, too, understand the problems associated with having health issues. I've had 2 back surgeries in the last 2 years. I tend to solo alot as well, I've had the most fun with my Mystic paired with the Paladin merc. The merc tends to hold aggro really well and I solo'd up to 100. I don't have the newest expansion, so I can't level up to max level. I recently subscribed again. I tend to have a nostalgic moment and play EQ. Lol. As far as the free character I made a Pally, because the merc you get is and Inquisitor. Having a good time messing around in PoM. Anyways, welcome back and have fun!!
    Leloes likes this.
  10. Anarawyn New Member

I installed EQ1 out of curiosity the other day. Was neat to run around and so full of memories! The last time I tried it it ran too fast on my computer but they seemed to have fixed that. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing but it was fun to run around with my Druid again.
  11. Anarawyn New Member

lol I have 961. I will just wait till the 1st and subscribe then.I was not sure if buying a new slot would give me a new slot or unlock one of the characters that are currently locked.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

It should you get a free slot, but im not 100% sure, sorry.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When you redo your subscription it will unlock all the characters you have. You will get the 500 DBCash so you would be able to buy an extra slot for 750 DBCash if that sale is still on otherwise it will be 900 DBCash. The promotion for the level 100 character is supposed to run through the 7th so you should still be able to claim that.

If you need to let your sub lapse, just make sure to use the ones you want to keep unlocked last prior to the expiration as they are unlocked for FtP going from last logged in and next to last and so forth and so on down the line.

If you were somehow able to buy a character slot today while not subbed, it will use that slot to unlock one of the locked characters.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome back to Norrath!!
  14. Anarawyn New Member

Thank you for all the information :) Now to decide what I want that level 100 to be lol