Returning player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Gnomaana, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Gnomaana New Member

I am returning after a decade or so away. I decided to level a new character to relearn the game. What is a good questline to get to 20ish? If I ended up with a mount at the end that would be a bonus. :)

Thanks in advance

Gnomaana
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm a Teir'dal so I only know the darklight woods quests, but I think Darklight woods, Commonlands and Kelethin all have a quest chain about lvl 14 or so that gets you a mount for free. Any starting zone should get you to 20 or so, so just go out and become Norrath's newest solveproblemer! And start solving problems!

And welcome back to Norrath 2!
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

The Frostfang Sea questline also gives you a mount, if you are a goodie. Your other option is to do the tradeskill quest line in BBM and you'll get a mount reward.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

The mount In Butcherblock mts is WELL worth it! You don't get to fly, but you wont really care! Its close enough to flying until you CAN fly! I loved mine forever!
    Kalika likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I suggest taking a look at the wiki's Solo Quest Timeline.

In fact, bookmark it. At the top level, it just shows you what zones are which levels. Drill into a zone, and you get a list of quest-givers and their quests. Need more specific help? Either click the quest name, or enter the quest name in the Search Box on the page and get step-by-step instructions.
  6. Gnomaana New Member

Any idea where in the questline you get the mount? I'm not sure I'm following the correct quests. There are a LOT of quests in this area. :)
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Usually at the end of the questline for the zone, roughly when you make level 20 or so.

It's been a long time since I did that line in FFS, so can't tell you the exact quest that rewards the mount, sorry - but you do have to work your way through at least to the undersea cave (I think).
  8. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Knut Orcbane gives you the quest. He's in the group of NPCs that stand on the ridge area near the orcs coming from the water. You have to do the quests from the other NPCs to unlock his quests. This is the set of quests that leads you to the underwater cavern. If you aren't sure, I recommend you check out http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Frostfang_Sea_Timeline and look under Cragged Spine for details.
    Rhodris likes this.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

The fun thing is that it went live on the TLE, i m not sure exactly when but my crafter friend took my conjurer al to BB in her 30.

From what i remeber you have two version of the raptor, one from a crafting quest the other from a regular adventure one.
    It is a fantastic mount till level 85 and it quite change your gameplay, nothing is funnier than jumping over an area full of nasty mobs to land right in front of a mini named.

Be careful when jumping since if you are in combat the raptor will refuse to jump ;-) .. I remember one of my 30 toon jumping carelessly in Nektulos forest (he was looking for lvl 29 mob since several lvl 29 recipe book was selling for 1/4 of a krono ) and landing at the feet of a 30-40 X4 raid mob ... what came was fast...

You can do fantastic hops if you start from a high point, it would be fun to have a high jump competition event ... Jumoing from drunder fortress is something i shoudl try.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Kalika, I have gotten on the tallest mountain in a zone I could find and then JUMPED off of it. No damage when I reached the ground! Was great! Now I haven't fallen off on purpose but I think I would not die... from the landing, though the 'greeting' party is a different subject...
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I hated the leapers, I could never learn to drive them. You can do the City line quests to get to 20 that take you through Oakmyst Forest, the Graveyard, the Ruins, you would have enough coin after those to purchase a basic horse then go through BBM to get the leaper.

Now if you have time, you can complete the Bristlebane quest at the end of the other dock in Enchanted Lands, not the dock you zone in on, and you can get a special Horse of a Different Color, which changes color every time you zone. But you will have to do this prior to 11:59 pm PDT today.
  12. Gnomaana New Member

So the raptor is from the BBM quests? I have started the Far Seas Trading quests but got to the one that needs a bunch of rares for arrows and couldn't afford to buy them. Is the Far Seas even the right quest line or am I starting down the wrong line?
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When you leave the docks in BB and run up the ramp there is a griffin tower if you continue on past all the NPCS around the tower to the mountain wall there is an NPC with a green feather, do the quests that NPC gives and the ones around him.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

I m not 100% sure but you may not need to do the crafting serie (i guess everyone does since it's more fun than orders) , my guess is that you get the quest exactly at level 30 (craft) from the Dwarft that lead the digging expedition there.

Try to have a bit of 30-40 materials, i had to go to enchanted lands to get some, it s safe here except for Burnspear, some scarabs, adult bears and a few faeries.