Returning player with two questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Talking Tree, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Talking Tree New Member

Hey I'm returning to the game after quite some time last the time I don't remember the last time I played but I think it was before the added the old tutorial zone back in the game

Question 1 how is the Maj'Dut server I heard it has a decent population or should I check else?

Question 2 how is brigand class when it comes to Soloing? and between Iksar and Ratonga which one would make a better brigiand?
    Soara2 and Jesaine like this.
  2. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Hi there and welcome back!

Can't answer neither of those questions; I am great, great magician playing on the Halls of Fate server. Can't complain on HoF, but I think all of the servers will be fine for soloing, especially if you plan on using a mercenary.

How's it going so far? I recommend finding a nice and open guild if you're looking into group play. Patience is key with this old version of Norrath, but it can be very rewarding too.

Cheers
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Jesaine Well-Known Member

I've only heard second hand info on the Maj Dul server, so I'll let somebody actually from that server answer the question.

As for number 2, there was an in-depth argument here about Brigands a while back. Half the folks hate them and the other half love them. Seems like they can't function as an off tank anymore like the old days, but they've got a ton of debuffs and some strong backstab/flanking attacks.

Race: By the time you get to a high level, any stat bonuses are going to be all but meaningless. That means your decision comes down to which one feels more like a Brigand, and any racial special abilities. Given that Iksar get water breathing and safe fall as racials, that would give them the win for me. Play what you like and what works for you though. :)
    Soara2 and Twyla like this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

List your character name and server, I will mail you some starting up stuff.
    I got Saura majdul, Sunset on halls of fate, kindled on Skyfire and Bluejay on test
    Dude likes this.