Returning player with some questions.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by bodhi, Dec 27, 2012.

1. bodhi New Member

After a very long break, trying out lots of different games and also not playing any MMOs at all, I have decided to give EQ2 another spin. I played through the original version and dabbled a bit in the first expansion and that's it. I'm starting with a fresh re-roll and the first thing I noticed is that pretty much everything has changed.

That leads me to my first question, Is anything the same?

It might sound silly but one of the reasons I wanted to come back is to re visit some zones, purely for nostalgic purposes. I started around Neriak and nothing is the same. Are there any zones from the original game that have not changed?

My second question: Is there any group content to be had leveling up? I had heard that the game was changed in order to make things more solo friendly. That's great.... I guess..... but are there areas that are group friendly? I met and grouped up with some cool people so far but we just helped each other complete our solo quests. I would love to find some dungeons to run as I level. I just hit lvl 20 and I'm going to check out butcher block. but I'm cool with exploring or traveling long distances to find group content.

I suppose a guild that likes to group up and run lower level content is what I should really be looking for.

Thanks for reading and it does feel pretty cool to be back.
  2. bodhi New Member

3. Liral Active Member

That's a great site with tons of useful info. Glad you found what you were looking for.
  4. mouser Well-Known Member

The original starting zones (not the island - I was a bit tic'd when I tried to log my island dweller on and the zone isn't up anymore, though they did keep it up a long, long time after it was removed as a starter) are still there, but you can't get to them through the gates, which lead to new quest zones now. You have to either use the bells or the "outside" entrances. I'm talking about Oakmyst, Peat Bog, Fallen Ruins, Sprawl, Sunken City, etc...

And if you use the outside entrances you can do almost all of them with both good and evil characters - watch out for the guards, but the quest givers don't care who you are. I can't remember if I did the Caves or not with my dark elf - I don't know if the sewer access is on all servers or just the PvP ones.