Returning player with an old account

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Headpants, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Headpants New Member

I was wondering if players that return with an old account that they have access to can do any of the following:

Change a character name? (they put a "wx" on the end of a name, want to change "bobbywx" to "bobby" if it is possible?

Change a character's server? (move to a more populated server?)

Thanks guys,

- Headpants o_O
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

1. If your original server was merged with another, and someone else who was playing more currently than you already had the same name on the destination server, they kept it and your name was given an appendage. You will have the option for a free rename when you log that character in.

2. Yes, you can change servers, but I think there is a 30 day activity period before you can move it, your account has to be 'in good standing' (i.e. not banned or anything like that), and it will cost RL money to buy the transfer token.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Headpants New Member

Thanks Rhodris!
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I believe you use /rename Headpants where Headpants would be the name you want while logged into the character you want to change the name of. If the name is taken it will not change. If the time period where you can get the free name change is gone, it will not change, try a few times. Maybe even look on EQ2U and see if a character with a name you like appears before trying the /rename.
    Breanna likes this.