returning player with a few questions

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-oxyfire, Sep 2, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-oxyfire Guest

hello after a very very very long break from playing ive decided to return to eq2 and this time im going to take up crafting properly.

Ive decided on a swashy as my class but i still cant decide on my crafting profs. At the moment im thinking Alchemist & Jeweler.

My question is do people use alot of potions & poisons for raiding and if so will there be a market for me to sell them. And will alchemy be benifical to me as a swashy with the poisons etc? And i like the idea of havinga jeweler as i enjoyed the trade in wow.

My other main question is am i being stupid picking these crafting profs when armouer and weaponsmith will be much more benifical to my swashy?
  2. ARCHIVED-Mendou Guest

Well, here's the way I tend to look at choosing a profession. We'll take it from the Swashy perspective:
    • Jeweler: All your Combat Art upgrades, 1 neck item, 2 earrings, & 2 bracelets per tier for personal use. Common raw materials cheap to reasonable.
    • Armorer: 7 pieces of chain armor per tier for personal use. Common raw ore and roots to level on can be pricey.
    • Alchemist: Potions and Poisons for personal use. (A significant expense for a regular raider I would assume) Common raw materials cheap to reasonable. (roots and dusts are the main expense here)
    • Weaponsmith: 1 - 2 weapons per tier for personal use. Common raw ore to level on can be pricey.
    • Woodworker: Buckler, Bow and arrows + totems if desired. (I would assume these are more options than necessities so I'm actually sort of overlooking this one.)
    Your ability to make a profit selling items for others to use will vary based on server, tier, and raw prices. I'd check the broker on your server and see what markets seem bloated or underserved. If you're looking at it from a perspective of saving yourself the most cash I'd probably say Jeweler just from the sheer volume of spells you'll have to upgrade as you level. Rare loams are pricey everywhere so if you can make your own Adept III's you won't have to pay the inflated prices to others. Alchemist might be good for you too, but without having a high level scout myself I can't really say whether the cost of poisons as you level would outweigh the cost of keeping your CA's up to snuff.
  3. ARCHIVED-oxyfire Guest

ok thanks for that ill go with my first instinct and pick up alch and jc

thanks alot
  4. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

We really need a sticky FAQ about what classes make what, namely consumables. It could point out which classes could greatly benefit from each TS. Even though the market varies day to day and server to server, things like food, power totems, poisons, clarity potions, crit potions, boxes, bags, and other things are used by all. This question gets asked often enough, and it's a very valid question if you are not a TS guru like many of us here :) I asked it myself as a baby SK, and food sounded fun (I like to cook in RL), and I always love providing for myself. Not the best TS in the end but even if I didn't have 5 other TSers that I do now, I would never swap it.