Returning Player. Where can I get Planar Fragments?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bloodguts, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Getting people together to run content from two expansions ago is extremely difficult when people are focusing on gearing up their characters to hit Resolve checkmarks.

I've been running the Emperor PQ in Obulus every chance I can get when i'm not running raids, harvesting or doing heroics to gear my character up. I have yet to see any Fragment of Planar Energy yet.

I also completed the 2.0 timeline for my weapon to see if i could actually start seeing the fragments drop from current or old content and I have yet to see them.

Would be nice just to have a clear indication of where we can get these fragments in the current expansion.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They don't drop in Obulus. You want the Ill Omen PQ in Kylong Plains or the Iksar Statue one in Jarsath Wastes near the Danak Shipyards. They drop more often in PoP raids.

Although I can solo the Obulus PQ on either my conjy or warlock, I tried soloing the Ill Omen PQ with the 'lock, and was easily able to slaughter the Yha'Lei and get the tentacles down, but I couldn't actually damage the beast at the end by myself.

There seem to be lots of people who need Fragments, so I'd suggest asking in LFG channel for more people for the Ill Omen PQ (it being the easiest of the places the Frags drop). I don't know how many CD-geared people you'd need, but given so many people posting in the forums about needing the Fragments, I think you can get help.

I'm pretty sure we won't see them in the current expansion, although I have sent /feedback suggesting they sell the dang things in the Merchants' Gallery to people who have completed the CD sig line, just make them NO-TRADE and outrageously expensive.
  3. Naramee Active Member

I dont know About those Fragments but, if you just want them spells from Epic 2.0 timeline, you can buy them after doing the timeline in this new Expansion. There is a Sage on groundfloor in Myrist that sells them to you once you are done. That does not upgrade your spells now but you can skip your weaponquests. Other than that researchpotions. There is the new Guk in Planes. You might want to ask somebody else for that, but I think it was shiny Collections that gave those potions you could use to upgrade. And Research. There are ways. Like Daybreak said..no one Needs to do old content
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

But to increase them you need the fragments, lots of time, or $$$$. Regardless of what they say, or what others profess - for some classes you need those spells better then apprentice. So yes, technically you don't need to do old content - but if you want to be any use in a group you have to get fragments or spend $$$$ - because there is not enough time to go the research method - there is just too much you need to do. Like I said, it is by design.
    Lateana, Seefar and Rhodris like this.
  5. Conifur Well-Known Member

They do, just at a rate slightly lower then a politician telling the truth. Which seems true about most of the other ways to improve spells. Those other two are just too long to be worth trying to farm.
    Rhodris likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Soloing on a Chaos Descending 110 warlock, it took me 15 minutes to kill all the Yha'Lei and get the tentacles down on Ill Omen. I couldn't damage the big monster after that, but if you had more people, I suspect it would burn fast too. That doesn't seem *that* long.
  7. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Well I have got many planar frags from OF PQ... and a player in this thread mentioned he got one from PQ in Obulus in December, just last month.
    Blazen and Sigrdrifa like this.
  8. Conifur Well-Known Member

You did not finish it, so you wasted 15 minutes plus however long you tried to kill the named just to prove you can't do it alone. The problem is people hated that PQ when it was relevant, now it is 2 expansions ago. Making people go back two expansion to help someone get something they don't need is a failed mechanic. Especially with all the repetitive labor you have to do in the current expansion.

But I know what I am going to do, come here everyday and complain, because after I posted yesterday I went and solo'd the OF and got a greater - maybe that is trick.
    Lateana, ConcealFate and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Denon Active Member

Maybe people would start running the current overland PQ's again if these were added to their loot table.. Previous expansions PQ's were active for a much longer time period then this expansion. I don't see anyone doing any of the new overland PQ's anymore - those were dead about 1 month into the expansion. In my opinion that's a pretty big fail.

Seems like a simple fix to solve 2 problems to me...
  10. Conifur Well-Known Member

PQ's have never been popular - people did them because they had to - not because they were fun. Once they got what they needed they stopped. PQ's are always a huge waste of resources. Why they keep pushing them is beyond me.
  11. Drona Well-Known Member

I won't say PQ as a whole are not popular, maybe individual ones. They are fun at the start of an expansion but then get very boring as times goes on. Same applies to heroics as well, when you have done the same one for 100s of times, you get sick of it.
    ConcealFate and Breanna like this.
  12. Conifur Well-Known Member

It did not work, I got trash again :( Maybe in another 6 months I'll get another.
    Lateana likes this.
  13. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Im looking for a dedicated group to run the old content, on MajDul, specifically for these &%$#&^% fragments.

So far, I have gotten 2 greaters from the OF "emperor" PQ and 3 lessers from PoP weekly duo's. Anyone else have recent confirmation of drops elsewhere? Thanks!
  14. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I know this was an old reply, but I know Mercy is still active, so, what do you mean by "general mission questing"?
  15. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Daily missions and mission quests, that you pick up from the quest givers before running zones. Usually a quartet of quest givers for solo, heroic, daily, and weekly missions. Solos (as far as I know) do not award them. Heroics and dailies will give lesser and superior fragments.
  16. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

The greaters, IMO, are way too incredibly rare (along with a great number of many other things, but that's for a different forum), especially since the best chance of them seems to be going back and running the old Obulous Frontier PQ (which you had to do the timeline just to access :confused:). You can get them off the KP and Fens PQ as well, but they're very long and tedious to do, and don't come up as often as Obulous does.
    Seefar likes this.
  17. Devourn New Member

Confirmed about 'For The Emperor' Obulus Frontier' PQ. I just got a Greater Planar Fragment. 4/22/19.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Blazen and Breanna like this.