Returning Player Using Level 120 Boost!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Turnery, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Turnery New Member

Which class should I boost to 120 for running dungeons and raid content?

I like mystic.

Also where should I go to upgrade gear after the boost?
  2. dorotea Well-Known Member

A class you enjoy is better than a class you don't enjoy playing. Regardless of what is most in demand. Unless all you want is a top-end guild that only takes certain classes in its heroic or raid groups.

Free gear is at the start of the expansion. For upgrading that see the Guide under general gameplay discussion.
    Pixistik, Hartsmith and Twyla like this.
  3. Mathuzilah New Member

Someone in game told me that if I don't have the latest expansion and use a 120 lvl boost.it will bring me to my current lvl cap (100) and then later when I get the Expansion will allow me to lvl up to 120. Is that correct?
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I'm going with no on that. Typically the way they work things once you use the bauble it's gone, it will take you to your level cap sure but that will be it. Mount and Merc potions work pretty much the same way if you have say 8 days left and use a 10 day potion you lose the 2 days, it doesn't carry over.
    edit to add you can level to 120 yes but the bauble won't take you there you'll have to quest to get to 120.
    Pixistik likes this.
  5. Mathuzilah New Member

Thank you Breanna, I wqas questioning the wisdom of that persons answer but didn't want to dismiss it oput of hand.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's a VoV Gear Guide to help you get going.Do read down the thread, because there are follow-on posts with more useful info.