Returning player, used 110 boost - ascension questline?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Paragonvii, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Paragonvii Active Member

Hey all :)
    So I am a returning player, have never completed the ascension questline. I used a 110 boost and made a cool new main. Do I need to complete the ascension questline? or is that included with the boost? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Ive heard the abilities really aren't something to pass up.

Thanks,
    Paragonvii
    Antonia Bayle
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Like you, I came back a few months ago. Not sure if there is a timeline - my recommendation would be to finish the Panda quests (https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/The_"Travels"_of_Yun_Zi_Timeline). Once all three seasons are done, there's an item on the li'l merchant there called something like a "Celestial Primer" or manual or something - will boost an ascension class up to 15. Use that, buy it again, and repeat until all 4 classes are at 15. Then do the PoP timeline, that should get one of them to 20. Switch ascension classes as soon as the first hits 20, and continue on with CD Timeline, and then BoL. You'll probably be 120 before even starting the BoL timeline, which will make it a quite a bit easier.

Hope that helps!
    Juraiya and Soara2 like this.
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

Yes ascension abilities are important. Very. But you no longer need to get them through the questline in Kunark you can simply go to the Library where there is an ascension trainer in the main hall. The trainer even speaks common - no need to learn draconic anymore.

Probably most people don't bother with all 4 ascension lines today - etherialist is far and away the most popular from all I hear and see, The panda quests do get you a number of boosts. At level one hundred a single boost to level 5 in any one line. At level 101 boosts to levels 10 and 15 are added as I recall. But I don't think any boost can be used more than once. There are two boosts to 15 though.

Doing the PoP timeline is a good idea if you like things more challenging - it is a bad idea if you simply want to get to 120. At 110 you can do the Luclin quests and get to 120 in a matter of a few hours if you want or you can do the Luclin quest to get to the moon - pick up a huge gear upgrade and then do PoP.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

You're wrong. One of the 15s can be used repeatedly, and I have done so on multiple alts over the past week.
    Juraiya and Soara2 like this.
  5. dorotea Well-Known Member

I must say I am delighted to be wrong - I will remember this - thank you. I thought they said they were one-use items but maybe just a few were one-use.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Actually the Celestial Primer is a single use item but you can buy another one after you consume it and be able to use it. Unlike the other ascension boosts that you can buy again but can't use. Personally I wouldn't waste my time with the latter.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Paragonvii Active Member

This was AWESOME advice, thank you kindly. I picked a class at the library (etherialist) and put my head down and forged my way through the panda line. Now, im level 16 ascension. Im having a great deal of trouble with BOL content, so be doing some POP then CD I believe. thank you
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Paragonvii Active Member

THANK YOU. Yessir, I picked a ascension class at the library, hammered out those panda quests, and went on to BOL. BOL is just to challenging, so ill probably go POP to get some ascension xp. Here is to hoping I get up to par soon for some BOL. I am 120 already but a baby guardian in gear lol
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Paragonvii Active Member

Just did this. So cool you can just rinse and repeat!!
    Soara2 likes this.