Returning player. TLE or Traditional

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ellisandria, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Ellisandria New Member

Hi

I stopped playing the game just at the start of Velious and decided to return yesterday. It seems like a lot has been added in the way of new systems and character advancement - which has left me scratching my head in absolute confusion.

I purchased the new expansion, so I have all the content - but I logged in, was surprised that I'd achieved my 10yr Vet reward, sorted out my hotbars, wandered around, became a little overwhelmed and logged out again :confused:

So, I'm after a little bit of advice really. I can either (a) try and figure out everything on my existing character, (b) start a new character on a traditional server, or (c) start afresh on a TLE server. I'm not in any rush to see endgame content or raid again, but just wanted some opinions on the best way to get back into the game. I'm glad that it hasn't been "dumbed down", but I'd like to take the path of least resistance in getting back into the swing of things.

Also - I am an EU player, so I'm naturally wondering how busy the servers are during "primetime".

I know some of these points have "sort of / kinda / 'ish" been covered in other threads but I'm still none the wiser.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

TLE costs money to play on. I would start on a live server that is F2P and see if you like all the changes. Then, once you have a feel for the game and decide its worth sticking around, you can try TLE because if you don't like it, you still have your Live characters.

Also, find a good guild that fits your playing style and goals and you like theirs. This game is so much more fun with friends to work with!
  3. Ellisandria New Member

Oops - I was already on "all access" but my badge wasn't showing up. Thanks for the advice though.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

Since you said you're already a member, go for TLE if you care less about end game. TLE is currently in Fallen Dynasty (Mara) with EoF to come out next month. It is SLOW xp, but there are people there at all levels and there are both EU and US Daytime guilds around to join.
  5. luagsharpshank New Member

TLE without a doubt
    Most fun I've had in years
    If you enjoy raiding contact a member of neustart, if not there are lots of other guilds with so much room for activities!
    Have fun