Returning Player... Tips?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Tanker1979, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Tanker1979 Member

Hey all.. I returned to the game about 2 weeks ago after a good 5 year hiatus. I’ll be honest, I’m just casually returning and plan to just be a soloist for the foreseeable future. With that said, I’m wondering if there are any quests/tips, merchandise/gear that any of you all would recommend (crafting/harvesting wise obviously)

What I’ve done so far... prior to leaving I had completed pretty much every crafting quest line thru probably the withered lands timeline. Got my sage/adorning/tinkering all maxed.

since returning I’ve knocked out the BOL, CD, Kunark Ascending, terrors of thalumbra timelines. I started the PoP one, and slowly working through that one at the moment.... so guess my questions:

Is there anything worth doing the scars, ToV and AoM timelines for? Meaning amazing crafting/harvesting gear or unique ability?

There’s no new adorned-thinking type subclass that I’m missing is there?

are there any other crafting quests that are a must do? (obv nothing is a MUST do, but a highly recommended do)

are twark and cd dailies really the only place to get the awakened abilities (epic 2.0) recipe books? I really only have one crafter so getting this is getting to be annoying.

i see people talking about 30-40% rare harvest chance, HOW? I’m happy with my 17, but damn, what am I missing there?

why are recipe books so hard to come by in BOL? (good recipe books that is)

anything else y’all might recommend to get me up to speed?

I’ll probably come up with more if this gets any replies, so appreciate it!
  2. Tanker1979 Member

Oh, and Tradeskill research apprentices in our house... is that just an abandoned feature or is there something to do to get them working o. Stuff higher than 100?
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

I like doing the AoM timeline in order to get the Rallic Pack

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Rallic_Pack
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Grim_Running

There's nothing new in terms of recipes, but I like doing them for the potions. Those potions of innovation and progress are a huge help.
    Breanna and Tanker1979 like this.
  4. Tanker1979 Member

Thanks. Also another question that I’m hoping someone can answer so I know if I’m wasting my time or not...

I did the CD sit line to get my epic 2.0...; does this count as completing the epic 2.0 so that the spell upgrades will drop in twark or the library, or do I need to go back and FULLY do the real epic 2.0 quest?