Returning Player ... sooo many changes

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Dawsonator, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Dawsonator New Member

Morning All ....
    it’s been several years since I’ve walked the streets of Norrath and so much has changed.
    What I have found is that someone has created 5 or 6 toons on my account and I’m spread over 3 different servers ...
    I spent a couple of hours last night tidying up my account, making a new password and changing the email address.

So I’m all set to start again ...

Do I choose a old school server?
    Do I start a new toon from scratch?
    Is one server better than another for an Aussie?
    Regardless I think I’ll need to spend a week remembering what button does what ... my SK was easy before ... ALL THE BLUE ONES

Any advise here would be great ... but really I’d like some help with server choices

Cheers and Beers
    Dawsonator Dies’a’Lot
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. iisbliss Active Member

I just got back myself after a break of a few years. It is really confusing. I found the people on my server to be very helpful, so don't be afraid to ask stupid questions in chat. I am on Thurgardin, which I guess is now the only Euro server?
    If you have characters on 3 different servers you can check the servers out yourself, and talk to people in general to find out what they are like. .
    I don't think I would start over with a new character. Most people seem to be congregated at the higher end of the game.
    But what I am doing with my characters is removing all abilities and spells from hotkeys setting each one up to see the changes.
    Then I am redoing the AA's. I was told that potency and fervor are the new stats to stack, so picking AA lines that boost those for now, until I learn better.
    I also found that EQmaps auto updater still works, and is updated even though it doesn't say it is.

Good Luck and welcome back !
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

Can people do that ? make toons on your actt? unless you give them the PW etc ?
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Svenone Well-Known Member

If they guess your password and account name it is possible. Never share your account info with anyone, even a spouse/trusted friend, even if you trust them "with your life" because betrayal just sucks. Never, ever use easily guessable passwords. DBG doesn't need your password, so never EVER give it to anyone, even if they say they are with DBG. Hint: if someone who claims to be with DBG asks for your password, hang up immediately!
    Sigrdrifa and Soara2 like this.
  5. Graft New Member

I guess I should change my password from 12345 to something else.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Torri Active Member

Only President Skroob could possibly guess that
    Thalador and Soara2 like this.
  7. Pikachuuu New Member

That's the combination on my luggage/suitcase!