Returning player seeking advice

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by RageofMages, Feb 19, 2017.

1. RageofMages New Member

I have a bunch of level 95 characters, but I am going to work my way up from level 1 with a necro. One thing I haven't seen many guides on is how to level from 95-100. I would love to know how to push to 100 from 95 in the event I want to take a break with the low level and push to 100 with my inq,dirge,mystic,defiler,sk,lock.

Thank you for your advice and your responses. I will be journeying on HoF if anyone here would like to group up.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Get to lvl 10 (or 20, not sure) and then do /df and join agnostic dungeon runs. Repeat, endlessly, mindlessly, soullessly, religiously... and soon you will be 95.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

95-100 you can just do the questlines and dungeons through whichever expansion you didn't do (I know AoM quests should take you at least to 97 just doing the storyline). There are also agnostic dungeons, though I don't know how good the xp is in those post 94, and the old tried and true Skyshrine leveling.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

u can do the vespyr isles timeline and then the tranquil sea timeline, you'll be close to lvl 100 for sure
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

I would suggest you look at the requirements for Epic 2.0 on those characters. There are many old quest lines and factions needed. You could chrono down for any out leveled ones. That way you'll be killing two birds with one stone.

It might not be the fastest way to level but at least it would be working towards a future goal perhaps.
    DoomDrake and captainbeatty451 like this.
  6. Sweetling New Member

First I would suggest checking for armour upgrades for your higher ones. The AoM crafted armour is probably better than what you were wearing if anyone is selling or making it. You do need 96 for the jewelery but the armour and weapons might give you a boost for helping you to lvl, I do have crafters on HoF I can try to help you out with armour if none is available but I no longer play there so could be tricky getting it to you. You might also need to pick up a good merc. Agree with others postings here for doing sig lines or chrono-ing down to do quiests and faction needed for your 2.0 but will add my fast tracks for getting to 100

Fastest ways I have found 95-100 are:
    Skyshrine: good xp and can do the questline there for added xp and faction/items. A few of the quests can be tricky solo but I always found it a good place to lvl up. I can generally solo or molo there with aom hand crafted gear but some classes find it trickier than others

Agnostics: These were mentioned above for 10-95, some need lvl 20 and some need tot xpac. Once you hit 95 you will no longer get equipment from the named like you would before 95 but the xp is still very good. I like to run the crypt of agony for lvling fast but this option really only becomes viable if you can clear the zone somewhat fast. With my bonuses and xp pots going I can get a lvl every 2 or so run throughs of crypt of agony on lvl 95+ toons but since you mentioned you have no 100s yet it will be a bit slower for you.

And a bonus bit of advice for your older toons:
    If you have Kunark Ascending/ToT xpac make sure you keep an eye on their tithe points as you are leveling them (also for your new toon but I find lower lvls get points extremely slowly). You can only save 10 unused points in there so as you are lvling you may get to that cap without noticing and it is worth spending them when you can

Sorry for the wall of text
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

Skyshrine is my fav for 95+

Tranquil sea/phantom sea are also good IMO

Also, you Chrono down and do lots of other stuff - Cobalt scar has a few good dungeons I've used in the past

There are just so many places that you are going to miss on the way up :(
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

Personnally i would advice to try to go to lvl 100 and do all u need (aom then thalumbra then kunark ascending) for the gear and to get all you need to start your ascension class. Since the ascension class is time gayed, it's better to get it as soon as u can, because the longer you wait, the longer it will take to start the epic. If he evef wants to.
    So better have fun and level up.
    And yeah if u can, run agnostic dongeons to get dragon etnuas to be able to buy good lvl 95 armor in tranquil sea
  9. Lil Mantis Member

I purchased the KA expansion the other day and am sitting on my 100 boost token. I'm a returning "New" player. Upon my return I started up my ranger to get a feel for the game. Never really got a character to a high level. See sig below. My goal is to play my ranger to 100 and use the 100 boost on another character of mine which I have yet to determine who. I did not know about the agnostic dungeons and will attempt to give that a try tonight. It's been a bit overwhelming trying to figure out what to do and where to go.
  10. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

You can try tagging along with someone farming tithe in High Keep.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

I'm a returning player too (came back in novembre) and it also took me some time to get back on track. And I still learn new things now and then.

if you're lucky, you can do agnostic crypt of agony with a lvl 100 character who Power Lever another too and level fast. If not lucky you'll be with a bunch of low lvl like you who hope to be PL ... and then I don't know if agnostic is always the best solution. But it gives etnyas which is necessary to buy new lvl 95 gear to do the tranquil sea timeline with ease.

with your lvl 100 boosted character, carefull, because the gear you'll get is good to do the Thalumbra timeline, but not good for Kunark ascending. You'll need better gear for Kunark, or it will take forever to kill mobs if you manage (was possible with my bruiser but for more squishy dps classes .. might be harder)

and if your goal is to come back and raid, I advice to be lvl 100 as fast as possible and get your kunark timeline done as fast as possible for the new ascension class.
    but if you are more casual and enjoy questing and want to take your time, then enjoy question, the zones are nice. I did enjoy question and level up my character.

good luck
  12. Lil Mantis Member

Thanks for the advise. I'm still trying to figure out this deity thing. I have like 7 deity points but not sure where to spend them on for the Ranger class. My goal is to do some research on that today.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

spend them on potency and crit bonus mostly. a bit on HP but mostly the first 2 for damage
  14. Carynn Well-Known Member

Spend the tithe on Potency and then more Potency. That's what's really needed for KA. CB comes second, Stamina (HP) comes last.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Word of advice
    Check your Epic 2.0 pre-req - make them done as much as possible
    Second thing regard leveling 95-100 it's really depends how you want it solo/molo or PLing
    In case of PLing (which is not bad idea btw) Ossuary or even any Heroic AOMs will do a trick
    In case of solo/molo - I'd say skip TOV (unless you need it for Epic 2.0) and do AoM timeline also see which timed quests from AoM you can do - oddly they reward some ungodly amount of experience upon completion. Also since you returning player - be sure use generous your Draft of Wise portions (110% gain) - it help a lot, also use mirror of concealed memories (once a week reset vitality on 100%) - that help a lot as well
    Current problem with contested zones from ToV/AOM they all overbooked with players grinding Tithe. HKC still not terribly overbooked thou (yesterday run with my BL HKC time for epic and in progress was able to grind out some good tithe and like 10-12M experience into Ascending (to consume all of my scrolls that accumulated during x2 exp week)
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Tinny correction - get first CB to the cap which is 4K (and with KA triumph secondary - 4.15K)
  17. Iglu Active Member

Try to fit in the following timelines on your necro -

Shades of Drinal
    Tears of Veeshan
    Altar of Malice

Should you choose to do Epic 2 they will make that a little less painful additionally I enjoyed the story for each of them.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

U need to be lvl 100 to go to ossuary.
    Skyshrine works better. Good xp and easy solo with AoM gear.
    Highkeep is too crowded for PL

For ToV, fighters and priests need it, scouts need part of it and mages i don't know (had already done it on mage before epic 2)

But to me, better enjoy the content and the quest while leveling than to get fast to lvl 100
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

Doesn't that happen with reforged gear and AA, as opposed to tithe? Asking because I never really had to do anything with stats, other than getting the right ones for the class, in order to successfully play and enjoy the game until KA.
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Its easier for mages (since they have AA conversion Pot to CB) so they do not need much (if any) points into CB, while scouts may or may not need that. On other hand please bear in mind NOTHING stand even remotely close in reforging value to CB - 100 or so CB I have reforged easy into 15400 AMOD.
    Another rather odd observation then you infuse (and I do infuse every item for about 3-8k plat which is not much I know) the stats that getting most boost are CB (??!!),>>Sta >Pot = AMOD - in this order