Returning Player Seeking Advice

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by NyteRose, Jan 6, 2017.

1. NyteRose Member

Hey everyone,

I am returning to EQ 2 for another go-round withe game after a year or so absence. I'm looking for general advice on what class to roll, though I know the golden rule is play what you like. I prefer solo play but do occasionally group/help fellow players if they ask. My main roles are pure healing/dps or hybrid heals/dps. I did also test a beastlord out to about level 35 in the past and enjoyed the playstyle as I love pet classes. I do not have the new expac, ToT or access to the Channeler class. Back in EQ1 I mained a necro, druid, shaman (frog power activate :p) enchanter and had a cleric/beastlord for alts if that helps any. I'm also looking for a good community-based server to play on; I used to haunt Maj'Dul and Antonia Bayle, so torn between picking those two servers.

Thank you for listening and I look forward to any and all replies :)
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul is busier than AB, so I'm told, but I'm an officer in a decent family guild on AB, we welcome all player though we are technically a RP guild, but we encourage, not demand that. Allaccess, partial exansions, etc, do not matter. We play for fun. Log on when you want. If you wish more information, just let me know. However, it will depend on your game playing time whether any guildies would be on, after all. So check out both servers during your main playing time and you decide.

We will keep the light on for you *giggles as I set another Halfling aflame*
  3. NyteRose Member

Thank you for the offer, Meneltel, but I have gone back to my old home of Maj'Dul. Currently running a baby frog Mystic through the Frostfang Sea areas and so far my only problem is finding a friendly, active and casual guild. I have zero interest in raiding, PL'ing or PvP. I play for fun and to meet like-minded people. :)
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Good luck and if you change your mind, just let me know if you want more details.
  5. NyteRose Member

Thank you again and will do if I change my mind :)
  6. Litlbigman Member

Welcome back to the game. There's a lot to do, a lot of new things to discover and get hold of.

Since you have already picked a server and a class, I have only one piece of advice: use a level boost and buy the latest expansion. I have a feeling that you like progressing on your own and do things your way. But remember that most players play the new content, whatever their playstyles are (soloing, heroics, raiding, etc.) You'll cut yourself from those if you decide to start from scratch. And you'll prolly get bored by the time you reach level 100 and fail to discover all the nice additions from Kunark Ascending. This game is more like a magazine than a book: every new release makes the last one lapsed.
  7. NyteRose Member

Thank you for your reply and advice, but due to monetary and other real life issues, I cannot afford to buy the new expansion right now. Also, I only just restarted and my highest toons are only about level 10-ish. Plus, while using a character boost to access the current content is not technically a "cheat," I think of it as a cheat since I want to take my time and relearn my classes and the class roles in the game, if that makes sense. Thank you again, however :)
  8. Anhari Active Member

I would suggest the character boost only for a class you are thoroughly familiar with and don't want to play through the content. For now, I agree with you about taking your time to "smell the roses along the way". I play 9 different toons of varying levels, one boosted to lvl 95 for guild reasons (a mistake at this point) and have the level 100 boost waiting in the wings for one of two characters. the rest? they get to grind their way through Norrath, ToT and finally to the Obi Frontier. Oh the joy!