Returning Player Questions

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tankline, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Tankline New Member

Greetings!

I last played when EQ2 had just come out. Made it to level 30 or so. Currently I have almost matched that, I am a level 29 halfling Guardian (same as when I played originally). I started up on Kaladim since that seemed like the best bet for me, since there is so much content I am unfamiliar with. I am still quite a newbie, didn’t even find the alternate advancement tabs and character development until level 23.

I have been trying to keep my crafting up near my level, though running some dungeons lately has pushed me much faster in terms of levels than I can keep up in crafting. Currently a level 21 armorsmith.

I see that there was a recent change to all the gear, which doesn’t effect me much since I had no idea how it was set up prior. Though the ten level setup in gear kinda annoys me since by the time I save up enough to get upgrades I’m nearly into the next bracket.

Aaaaanyway, was curious if there are any pertinent tips for a mostly newbie player on the TLP? Must have quests, pointers that may not be obvious to a new player, etc?

I am reasonably proficient at tanking, sorta remember some stuff from before and think I’ve got the gist of it. On a side note, I assumed guardian solo would suck, and unless I’m doing something drastically wrong it seems I was quite correct. Seems mostly a waste of effort to try to solo quest when I bang out levels in dungeons at easily 20x the speed.
    never_to_old likes this.
  2. Tominator Member

Welcome back! There's so much to consider, I wouldn't know where to begin! One thing I'd mention is you can turn off your adventure xp by right-clicking the little bulb at the right end of the level bar. I agree, going thru dungeons levels you very quickly. Sometimes I turn off my adventure xp for a bit so I can enjoy the content before I out-level it.

One thing I enjoy doing in world is Heritage Quests (HQs). Have you tried those? These are multi-step, longer than normal quests that provide a pretty sweet gear reward. On the TLE servers, the beauty of HQs is once you complete it on one character, any other characters you create can claim the HQ reward from a special merchant (name is Fracture) in your starting city without having to do the HQ itself.

This link is a comprehensive list of HQs by level, what the reward is, and how to start each one;

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Heritage_Quests_Timeline

p.s. If you don't have EQ2 Maps (maps add-on), you should get it!
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Tankline New Member

Ok nice, I’ll keep an eye on those HQs. I kinda wanna just level to 50 so I can get some plat, I been broke as a joke leveling up. Will make my next char much easier to do if I can afford some stuff.