Returning player, questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Laraden, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Laraden Member

Alright, this thread again! So I haven't played since beginning of KA.
    I have a swashie sitting at lvl 5 Thaumaturge. Was at 2 but I burned through the 'rested' ascended xp to play around a bit. Don't currently own PoP, gonna sit out til the next xpac, but I do have a few questions still.

Basically, my playstyle was never really grouping much, I usually gear up in AS gear and do my own thing. I enjoyed trying to see as much of the game as possible by going back and doing questlines, dungeons and raids. I remember last time I played I was working through all the velious raids.. had managed to solo several of the bosses of PoWar before I quit.

I figure having two new expacs of gear to go through will increase distance I can go somewhat, and the ascended things seem pretty neat. Definitely imagine they will help out in dropping stuff before mechanics drop me.
    But while PoP is on sale, I'm considering throwing the $17 at a secondary account to have a possible box.
    So my questions are basically..

A) Am I right in assuming the distance you can solo has improved? Raids past velious? I managed to do one of the heroics in Thalumbra so I figure the heroics should be doable at least.

B) Worthwhile to try to get a box going? Would it actually change much in what I could take on? (keep in mind I'd not be playign it anywhere near the best of its ability. probably make a spam button and tab in to spam it)

C) If my main is a swashie, what meshes well with it for a secondary? Should I be going tank to try to soak some damage, healer and let the swashie tank..or another dps to try to blow things up before mechanics start?

D) Just out of curiosity, if anyone else shares this hobby of soloing old raids, how far have you gotten?

Thanks much!

Edit: Oh and with this weekly that gives 5 ascension books, what day do weeklies reset here? I can't for the life of me remember
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I often do a lot of the old content at level 100 if you grab the gear off the Panda you can easily solo the level 80 raids and if you're 2 boxing or have a good merc you can do the level 90 raids also. The new gear ups you by so much it's ridiculous. Weeklies usually rest Wednesday night at Midnight or Thursday morning at midnight whichever is correct.

I have a lot of fun sometimes seeing all the old stuff I never saw because I don't typically raid at all, and it's a lot more fun than trying to grind out ascension and all of the other boring grinding in POP.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

Need to know more abut mister Panda the uber gear retailer.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The panda is Yun Zi, who you will find in Sundered Frontier standing under a tree near the Wizard Spire. He has weekly quests that are dead simple: you go to low level zones and tour them to get updates. When you finish a quest, all characters on your account have access to his sidekick, a little panda who serves as the goodies vendor and stands right by Yun Zi.
    Kalika and Saw-Lau like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The little panda next to Yun Zi, is Pas Yu. Sorry Sigrdrifa, I was just there and he said that he wants his name in print too.
    Saw-Lau, Dude and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Handcrafted PoP gear will suffice as well.