Returning player question on Mercs.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Steelriver, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Steelriver New Member

I have not played in awhile. But i logged on and was just messing around, I went to attack some mobs, My merc just completely destroyed everything in sight. I mean i didn't even get off my mount and she went off. Mobs were white and yellow. Is this normal now?
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

Compare your potency with the merc's potency.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Check the merc's window to see how she is set up. If you hit the green icon, it will clear everything except Follow. You can then decide if you want her to protect or assist you, and if you want her to defend herself or you from attacking mobs. You can also send her in to annihilate the mobs if you wish.

I have both ranged & melee macros set up with the merc attacking with me.

And no need to dismount now.
    Breanna and Steelriver like this.
  4. Steelriver New Member

Yes i understand how to use the Mercs. I just don't remember them being so powerful. I walked into a group of about 8 yellow con mobs and she wiped the floor with them in about 5 seconds.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Araxes Active Member

They are very powerful. I tend to use mine only when I want to power level in lower-tier dungeons, or when I am working on specific Heroic or Epic quests that have mobs I cannot kill, alone. Otherwise, I keep them sidelined.