Returning player - poisons & class runes

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Shunty, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Shunty New Member

I’m a returning swashy and at the moment I’m using poisons from Kunark Ascending. I’m assuming that poisons have been upgraded since then but I can’t find anything on what the new poisons are or where to get the recipes. Would anyone know how I get BoL poisons?

Also the same with red rune class runes? Obviously the orange runes are now useless but having run the adventure and trade skill timelines I don’t know how to upgrade my class rune.

Thanks for any help.
  2. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Well the predator poisons have not be upgraded since level 92, the any scout can use poisons are being upgraded regularly. Kind of a pain is the tail since so many AA's for pred's are based on their poison that are 28 levels behind...

Everyone expected the orange runes to be phased out and the new red ones to be brought into their place, what I don't think anyone expected was that the orange adorns would be made useless. That is a below the belt sucker punch from DB.
    Rhodris and Shunty like this.
  3. Shunty New Member

So the most up to date red poison is the exemplars using Hiven roots? I'm absolutely amazed there's nothing more recent. Are there new recipes for things for marked target, warding ebb etc?

I was aslo hoping for new red class runes, I'm sure people were talking about the mystic rune having group bolster so I assumed they existed. Apparently not.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

The mystic red rune didn't have bolster. The alternate version of bolster that unlocks when you finish the sig line is a group version.
    Shunty likes this.
  5. Shunty New Member

Oh so this does exist? I had no idea about alternate spells/CA's after sig line. Would you know where I can get this for my mystic? Thanks.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not 'just' the sig line. You have to complete one of the achievements that is sig line 'plus'.. basically do all the solo quest achievements for each zone and the sig line. It should auto-grant you the apprentice version.
    Shunty likes this.
  7. Shunty New Member

Perfect thanks so much, something new to work on.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

The old red poisons (caustic, hemotoxin, mental breach, vitality breach) were phased out starting around level 100. There are 4 current poisons, although you can still use most of the old poisons as well as the new ones. The new poisons are Ignorant Bliss*, Acidic Blast (the new damage one), Marked Target, and Warding Ebb*. (* upgraded versions of the old versions and will not stack with the old ones)