Returning Player Overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kajuun, May 11, 2020.

1. Kajuun New Member

I can't remember how to play!! I am stuck and lost.

My 73 Coercer in particular needs help.

Is the AA (server) basic leveling profile - solo good? or is - group better? or custom?

My character development is reset too and I just don't remember what to do. I just want to copy someone.

Is there an updated guide somewhere? The only up to date info I can find on EQ2 is in these forums. I am experiencing great nostalgia, but the game has just become huge!

Currently unemployed for the first time in my life, so I bought the subscription since I think I'll be sitting on my computer for a couple more months. My kids have laptops that can run this game too so they are doing free to play as is my wife. Almost full group, I'm the only subscriber atm. I'm a new paladin until they catch up to my Guardian.

Thanks for your time and any help you can give!
    Kajuun 52 Guardian; Kaido 73 Coercer; 5 smaller alts
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

Ya know...in your position? I would have all of the family start new toons together and start at the beginning again. Maybe add a merc to fill the group. There are some great old dungeons / instances out there.
    Jrox likes this.
  3. Kajuun New Member

Yes, it's fun starting over. My kids and wife can only play a little during the week. I have a new Paladin specifically for them and staying their level. However, I can play all day, so I still got time for my more developed characters.
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

My сoercer is 11 levels less than yours. And he is always afraid when I play him alone. Not that he would be lost. But from fright I find nearest boss and make cutlet out of him. Then, when one of my tanks enters game, my сoercer hanging his prow and making big eyes, and peeks out from behind him. What will be next? AA profile is better such, which for pvp if you play it solo. Better yet, assign everything yourself, but laziness, right? I'm lazy.. Just type coercer in search on this forum, and scroll rather far off back.. They made significant one change to this class while you were not in game. Now, in order to restore comfort from game with him, as it was before, you need to greatly reduce hatred for him..
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Kajuun New Member

I've figure most out. I can solo again content my Guardian for example can't touch (Guardians are crazy weak outside of groups, SKs can solo rather easy).

I think I just need an active guild to confirm there are other players in existence :) I rarely see more than 1 person a day.

If I get the auto-110 character I might bump my 52 Guardian up. It is such a hard class to level.

On Halls of Fate Server. I have all important crafting alts.
    Kajuun/Kaido
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Kajuun if you start new toons anyway and your confused and overwhelmed give Kalasim a try and park your old toons for later when you feel up to the challenge .
    Kaladim is a TLE server , that means every 4 months we get a new expansion .
    Currently we are on Echoes of Faydark the third expansion .
    We have a lively community and people of all kinds of levels
    Yes TLE servers don't last for ever , but by the time this server gets shut down you will be back on track
    And no the characters you created will NOT be deleted but transferred to the server of your choice .
    So far the last 2 TLE servers lasted about 20 to 30 months , the last one made it up to " Destiny of Velious "
    But than Kaladim was released and everybody ran over there.
    Again I recommend you give this a try .
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

Outlaws has an amazing guild, especially for new and returning players. A ton of resources available and lots of different style players you could hook up with on HoF server. MOST active guild WW and only lvl 300 guild. We avg around 40 people at any given time and well over 100 members in peak hours sometimes well over that.