Returning player, not getting exp.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Toxicmoon, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Toxicmoon New Member

Greetings,

Returning player from 2015. I bought the lastest xpac and dusted off my 100 SK. I'm in the Zek Scourge Qastes and my exp bar isn't moving. Stuck at 0.0%

Do taking a look exp is enabled. What I did notice is the AA slider is at 100, but will not let me change/move the slider.

Been quite a while since I've played, any idea what i'm doing wrong?
    Thanks!
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Once you hit 100, the only place you can get exp to progress in levels is Plane of Magic, part of the Plane of Prophecy expansion pack (Nov 2017 release). So if you have purchased the latest expansion (Chaos Descending), the only place to begin earning xp again is PoM.

Not sure why your AA slider is at 100 though - I'm assuming you have the full 350 AA points? Perhaps you will be able to move it if you change zones to PoM. I'm sure someone here will come along shortly with more accurate information.
    Dude, Breanna, Xianthia and 1 other person like this.
  3. Toxicmoon New Member

Thanks! I tried going there but it states I don't meet the requirements, but I just bought the lastest xpac (it was the only option to purchase)
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

You should be able to go to Plane of Magic at level 100. You can't access the Myrist Library until you are level 110, though.

The latest expansion includes all the previous ones, including Plane of Prophecy, so getting to PoM shouldn't be a problem. Someone else may have further info, though.
    Dude, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

It sounds like something is telling the game that you don't have the latest expansion, which would include all previous expansions including Planes of Prophecy. That's why you can't get into PoM or earn any xp. In game use this command: /show_account_features. If it does not show the Chaos Descending expansion, then you'll have to submit a trouble ticket at https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us to have them figure out what is wrong.
  6. Toxicmoon New Member

Thanks, I submitted a ticket. Much appreciated for everyone's help.
    I did have another quick unrelated question if I may. I'm having a hard time reading quest and spell text (I have adjusted font on the main window). I can't use my 4k monitor and have my old one hooked up for the time being as the text is a little larger. If adjust the resolution down the picture does get bigger and is readable, but then a lot of my monitor is black on the sides. There a way to have nice resolution and still be able to read and use the UI?

Thanks!
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...r-those-with-4k-displays.588401/#post-6539961 https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...get-nice-sans-serif-font.560169/#post-6327689 https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/font-size.52777/ https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ont-is-too-small-to-read.588060/#post-6535586 The history continues. Perhaps, devs should reflect over it. Sometime. Now spring and so on. Not now
    Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Doesn't he have to do the access quest through the spire for either TS or ADV from the mail?
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

It's not clear from his post where he's trying to go. I assumed PoM, since that's where you go to level from 100-110. That only requires having the expansion and using the wizard spires or fast travel. If he's trying to get to Myrist, he'll have to wait until he's either adventure or tradeskill level 110.
  10. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

You may have deleted or not gotten mail to help begin the access quest. Go to Isle of Mara, next to the second log cabin building there's a guy outside named Jerol and it says <Norrathian Exress> under his name. If you missed any quest related mail with items to being a quest he'll have it. Doesn't sound like that's necessarily your problem, but worth checking.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I thought to go to PoM you had to go through the Spire Access by the TS line or the ADV line.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

Nope, that's CD. For PoM, you just hit 100 and off you go.
  13. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

My Paladin is level 100 adventure and level 110 in tradeskill and he is not allowed to visit Myrist. I wonder if something went wrong with my Paladin or if the Myrist entrance requirements were changed at certain point?

P.S. My Paladin does have received an invitation to visit Myrist by email.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. DerpaDerp New Member

This is one of the main reasons the eq2 population suffers as bad as it does. Returning players are facing a very difficult time acclimating to the new xpacs and rules of you cant enter this zone or that. Combined with the revamp of the whole game with ascensions and the increased number of stats. Simplify some of this so we can get some people back playing and quit the pay to win strat.
    Rhodris and Soara2 like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I remember having to go to some cave in Kylong or something then having to go through the Ar'cannase Spires, so you would have the faction to be able to get into the cave otherwise you would be KOS. You needed a disguise. Nope, I am thinking even further back to KA.
    Breanna, Dude, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

From the mail, if it is the adventure mail, you take the summons and just go and visit a short scene that you watch, you don't actually have to do anything. After that you have the ability to enter Myrist.
    Breanna, Dude and Soara2 like this.
  17. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Not sure but don't ya need at least one level 110 adv to do the access quest for CD? Pretty sure that was why they gave us a boost with the expansion. Have to do it on your boosted toon or a 110 adv.

I could be wrong because I always jump on mains to do these before my Crafters get broken out, but this is how the others worked
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I didn't even get the mail on characters that were lower than 110 and I have a ton of those.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.