Returning player needs advice please (on Rivervale)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Paisa, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Paisa New Member

So was a hardcore player then raider from launch until really EoF. I know, old woman here. So my husband and I decided to play again and our daughters decided to play also. So here we are the last two days running around all the zones and really no idea what to do, how to do it or when.

So my question is, is there like a list of things returning players need to do to be able to progress and “catch up” properly? Like quest lines or stuff like that. We feel so lost and can’t find this info anywhere. We have not bought the expansion yet as we want to make sure we like the game again first. Right now it’s a no but that’s only because we just don’t know where to start.

Any help would be appreciated. And yes we joined a good guild, but none of them were really sure how to guide us properly (which is why I’m here). Thanks in advance.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

For adventure, you'll want to do the Chaos Descending Timeline (write-up on wiki can give you a detailed walk through), to get your epic 2.0 abilities.
    After that, do the prelude for Blood of Luclin and jump right in

If you're into tradeskills, I'd suggest going to the wiki and typing in Tradeskill Timeline and then doing them all. It's a good way to level and there are LOTS of really nice tradeskill items along the way.
    Cyrrena, Saw-Lau and Sigrdrifa like this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

*coughs* She says she has NOT bought the recent expansion, and since she has not played since EoF, the expansions she would be able to do would only go up to AoM.

The question is: What levels are you? Did you use the bauble to go straight to 95, or did you decide to start at level 1? It would make a great deal of difference.
    Siren and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

What level is everyone? Good thing to do is the signature quests from each expansion, and the language quests. Also the wikia is your friend: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/EverQuest_2_Wiki:Main_Page If you guys are grouping together, you can do the heroic timeline, which is linked from the Solo Timeline page: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Soloing_Timeline
    Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  5. dorotea Well-Known Member

The simple thing to do starting at level 95 is simply to head to your capital city (Freeport or Qeynos depending on faction) and get the quests from the Queen or Overlord to head off to the Seas to do the quest line starting at 95. You will also get a level 100 quest line but that can be saved for later.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Nineteen New Member

Answering for her. We all did insta 95 token. So we are all 95 and no idea where to even begin...still

You are saying do every signature quest all the way back to kos?

Or

All we need to do is talk to the queen and/or overlord and they will catch us all the way up?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've been working on a couple of 90-ish alts recently. I picked up the Signature quest line for Tears of Veeshan, did that, then went to the Altar of Malice sig line. Then BoL dropped, and I've been busy with my main, but as far as I can see, unless you have someone willing to mentor down and powerlevel you, the sig lines are the best bet.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I ran a boosted level 95 (adventure) on Rivervale through Tranquil Sea - by the time I reached Phantom Sea, he was level 100. I picked up the gear from the lockbox and started him on the PoP questline today.

I do try to do all the tradeskill questlines.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Definitely! I run a sig line until I reach that expansion's cap, then I move on to the next, unless I'm just really interested in the story line.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Paisa New Member

So just did 95 level boost... what NPC do I speak with to start the sig line?
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

12. Siren Well-Known Member

Remember, everyone, they only have the free content to work with: No Chaos Descending, no PoP. Their content ends with AoM which is Altar of Malice.

They are currently missing:
    If the OP and their newly-returnig family/friends want to stay free for a while, they should roll level 1s and level all the way through to Altar of Malice. Otherwise, they're going to run out of free content a whole lot sooner (AoM ends at level 100, where the current level cap on the live servers is level 120).
    Breanna, Juraiya and Sigrdrifa like this.