returning player need help game crashing

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Jedediah, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Jedediah Member

ok so i resubbed and clicked on download let it all download then i click on play and launcher closes then game pops up black screen with cursor then i hear the intro music then game just freezes.
    after trying to close the game i get a popup error saying <verify> G\live\eq2\game\Client\src\ClientApp.cpp (3986):
    no game assets found. please launch the game from the patcher. 013b1ba9.

is the shortcut on desktop not the patcher? im confused can anyone help me out
  2. dcruse2 New Member

there is a few other threads on this matter. try right clicking the icon on your desktop and under compatability check the box at the bottom "Run as Administrator" also might try reinstalling DirectX and also try to download or copy and paste these directx files from your windows folder to your EQ2 folder
    d3dx9_31.dll
    d3dx9_35.dll
    D3DX9_43.dll
    I found these files in my c:\windows\SysWOW64 folder because I have win7 x64 if you have a 32 bit sys it might be in the windows\system32 folder.
  3. Jedediah Member

im currently on windows 10 x64 i tried run as admin and had same error and crash dxdiag shows i have directx version 12
  4. Jedediah Member

does eq2 only work on dx9?
  5. dcruse2 New Member

6. dcruse2 New Member

EQ2 is 12 years old as far as I know it was originally a DX7 game back in the day. I think they just slaked off upgrading the compatability after DX9.0c because 9 lasted so many years until DX10 came out.
  7. Jedediah Member

ok i copied those dx9 files to eq2 folder and tried again and same thing happened
  8. dcruse2 New Member

well those were the fast fixes ... whats left is try a full file scan in the patcher options and that could take a while. on the patcher,
    on the left under the comercial click advanced tools, and then click validate game assets. see if that works.
  9. Jedediah Member

whoa its windows 10 lol i ran compatibility wizard and set it to windows 7 mode and it didnt crash
  10. dcruse2 New Member

Gratzzz, glad you fixed it :)
  11. Jedediah Member

hmm i coulda sworn they kept char ui settings on a server somewhere to reload them?