Returning player looking to start fresh without PL to max

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lazz, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Lazz New Member

I want to start a new toon and experience a majority of the content as I level. Is this a thing, or does everyone PL to max level? Which server would be best for a west coast US based player to do this? I'm not talking about max level players mentored down, I mean level appropriate or mentored a few levels. Would a TLE server be a better option? Any tips are appreciated. Thanks.
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Nazz Playing off and on since '04

Depending on how much of the content you want to experience, level locking will be your friend. If you right-click your xp bar you can actually turn off the xp that you gain from combat and quests. This game provides a ridiculously fast leveling experience and you can out-level your current content very easily.
    The other thing you can do is once you get to level 10 you can start putting some or all of your xp into AA skills. This will also work like level locking except you do get some benefit from it.
    The only downside to your plan is that you're going to be alone for 90% or so of your play time so getting a merc to help you with some of the difficult content (assuming you want to do heroic dungeons) is recommended.
    Saalih and Breanna like this.