Returning player in need of assistance.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Amarynthus, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Amarynthus New Member

I have been away from the game for at least 2 years and I am looking to get back into the game.
    Before doing so I had two questions that I would greatly appreciate any help on.

1: I prefer to play as a 2h sword/axe wielding character. What class would best support this playstyle and still maintain a moderate to high level of effectiveness? Everything I have seen says that 2h tanking is not valid but that is all from min-maxers. I am in it to have fun.

2: Is it possible to remain in exile throughout my characters career? And what are the pros and cons of doing so?

Thank you for your time and assistance.
  2. Terrorpeutic New Member

I'd say a paladin is the best choice, but really there's no advantage to using 2 handed weapon as opposed to a weapon in each hand. Most (if not all) classes have 2H weapons. And if you just like the look, you can put it in the appearance tab- no one will know the difference when you're fighting.

You can stay in exile, but then you're limiting yourself to available quests. Many quests are open only to those of a certain alinement, and exile is not considered an alinement.
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

The only difference i notice tanking with 2h and 1h, i take a lot more dmg with the 2h instead of a shield ;)
    Just for the look, i do prefer 2h weaps ;) but just for the look.
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

I was in exile for 5 years. I loved it... I only gave it up because the exile was my raid main and I needed shared bank access to give gear to my alts. If I hadn't needed that access, I'd still be there today ;)
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Additionally, you can use a sword and board, 2 swords, or 1 sword as your 'actual' weapons, and put a two handed axe you really like the look of in your appearance slot so you always look like you're wielding the big 2-handed axe, reguardless of which weapons/equipment you have equipped to 'actually' use.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Your healers appreciate you tanking with a 1h and shield, unless you are really well geared. Crusaders (Paladins and SKs) seem to do better with 2H weapons than the other tanks (general sweeping statement there...your mileage may vary) - but for soloing you really want whatever does the most damage and still lets you live at the end of the fight.
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I´m on well geared paladin and (beside of looking) there was never a reason to 2h weapon (well, 1h weapon had also great stats, combined with shield with great stats, almost no 2h weapon give me those stats....)