Returning player, guild question

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Headpants, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Headpants New Member

I can currently log into my old account, but even though I'm on the character that created a guild, he is not in the guild.

If I switch to a all-access (paid) account, will I have access to my guild again?
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The good news is that being in a guild is not dependent on being an all-access member - free players can also be guild members. I don't know if free players have the ability to create new guilds, but if already a member, there should be no barrier for free players being a leader of the guild.

The bad news is therefore if you have not logged in for quite a long period (sounds like you haven't), other officers or guild members may have petitioned to have the leadership passed to someone else....who has then had a clean-out of inactive accounts and kicked you from the guild.

Another possibility (and I hope someone who knows for sure will advise) is that the guild did not transfer with the server merge(s).
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Headpants New Member

Thanks again Rhodris - also, the guild in question only had my toons in it, some time way back in 2010 I made the guild with some help from players that logged in for the guild formation and left the next day, so I SHOULD still have retained control...
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Yes, you should indeed have. Then the only thing I can think of is that the guild did not survive the merge(s). Might pay to submit a support ticket for this one!
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Merging shouldn't have done anything but appended x's or y's to the guild name though. I am fairly certain they didn't actually delete any guilds.

I too recommend a support ticket.
    Breanna, Rhodris and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It should have survived the merges because the players and leader of the guild would not have used their transfer tokens and abandoned the guild. As long as one member is still on the roster when the merge occurs the guild makes the leap and the one member becomes the leader.

Sounds like ticket time to me, or try logging in others that should be in that guild and see if any are there first.

You could also do a guild look up on EQ2U and see who exactly is in your guild. Maybe somehow, some nefarious person got into your guild and stole it from you?
    Dude, Breanna and Rhodris like this.