Returning player for the new TLE server questions

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Frid, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

You forgot 14 weeks of SF, but yes that sounds about perfect.

Classic and DoF are so completely uninteresting to play. The replay-ability of that content is just so darn low. Once I have Prismatic and God-King, what exactly am I continuing to login for? Buggy DMP and a couple of contested?

With the proposed itemization, there is less incentive to raid. Raid 6-9 hrs/wk so you can get 30 more base stat? Eh.
    Zenji likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You say that as if raiders were the only people on the server.
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

We've been over this with facts, the majority raid.
  4. Elskidorr Active Member

I'm with the crowd that thinks 8 months of classic and DoF is unappealing. If going with longer unlocks then start off in KoS or speed up the unlocks at first. There's time to revisit the ruleset before launch.
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

16 weeks of killing minotaurs in PPR. I'm not sure what I did in a past life to deserve that, but whatever it was must have been really bad.
  6. Frid Member

I honestly fail to understand how can anyone enjoy EQ2 better during TSO, DoV or AoD than Classic, KoS or DoF.

I would wipe the server after RoK, the following expansions are just cheap, grindy and uninspiring.

But you can't appeal everyone, can you?
    Castekin likes this.
  7. Castekin New Member

Frid they don’t. The majority of people prefer Classic, KoS or DoF. The facts speak for themselves.

On both the Stormhold and Fallen gate servers the population tanked during TSO, then plummeted during sentinel’s fate. I have no doubt the exact same thing will happen on the Kaladim server

What you are reading on these forums are just a small noisy minority. I am glad day break have kind of worked it out and given more time for classic/DOF/KOS.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Most of the people I knew who left, left because they never fixed itemization and ignored problems on the server. They left in the expansions they actually loved the most (TSO/SF) because of the entire game being meaningless due to bad itemization.
    Adoninilol, Molly and Fangrim like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I personally would live and die in KoS if I could, it's my personal favorite expansion. I loved raiding then the most, too.
    Kindread likes this.
  10. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I guarantee you the TLE servers didn't die because people preferred classic and DoF. If you think that, you're delusional. They died because itemization was bad and content was unbalanced.
  11. Fangrim Active Member

ToV also not on this list, I liked that expansion. For me the worst of them all was CoE, The whole solo line was awful.( also missing )
  12. Castekin New Member

So Mountbatten there were no issues itemization or balance all the way up to rise of Kunark?

Everything worked perfect up to then right ?o_O
  13. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I don't remember where I said that or even suggested it, but nice try. People left because they got tired of being told things would be fixed, and then weren't. They were willing to give them an expansion or two benefit of the doubt. And when things showed no sign of changing, they gave up. Most people I've played with (and I've played with a fair amount) would rank RoK, TSO, and SF at or near the top of their list of favorites. Personally the only expac I'd rank lower than DoF is CoE.
    Molly and Zenji like this.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

I did accidentally leave out SF, but CoE and ToV were after AoD, and I personally have no interest in replaying anything past AoD. For me the game went to **** after TSO, but I know many liked SF/ DoV / AoD a lot.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

AoD was pretty awesome man. So was wing3 in SF. That stuff was well made challenge content, stuff not found elsewhere.

Unfortunately, due to bad balance, we didn't get to do wing3 in SF, which honestly was the biggest thing I and many I played with were looking forward to on TLE.
  16. Fangrim Active Member

Ah I was thinking of AoM instead of AoD, I never classed AoD as an expansion
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Your entire fact is an massive fallacy.

The only reason that the server was tanking during that time was because players got sick of the indolent attempts of the developers across the vast expansions beginning to wear down players.

I can say for a fact that 50-100 of the people i've played with in the past/were friends with quit during classic/dof because of the rise of familiars and spell research, bundled with the slow leveling, lack of veteran rewards, and xp pots being shoved down people's throats.

Everything you're saying right now makes me question if you even played on fallen gate.

Your claim that the population plummeted during TSO is laughable, considering the game had already tanked during your claim to fame "preferred" content.

By the time KoS came out the server was starting to reach a downward spiral (after the evident, being forced to play vanilla/dof's boring content) because of how the server was handled from the beginning. EoF launched leveling familiars, which, once again, drove away a good amount of players. KoS also saw the release of the pay to win collectors edition rewards from a live expansion none of us were going to play, yet made their way onto fallen gate to push expansion sales.

Once RoK hit and we were hit with an abysmal itemization scheme, seriously, you run a heroic zone and get an item that has +77 stat, then raid and get +120, but forget raiding, just level my familiar a few more levels and the itemization gap doesn't matter anymore.

TSO once again, unitemized for WEEKS, and the content was scaled in a way that people couldn't clear content, and it took too many patches to make things work, the week six gear made raiding pointless because of how it was itemized, the icing on the cake was introducing ancients to the server which gave an entire new pay to win scheme to squeeze money out.

SF launches, same exact issue, itemization not done for weeks. But when it is done you have TSO items that are best in slot, and endgame raid gear that is worse than a random treasured charm from a solo quest.

If they wanna do this server correctly they need to remove research, familiars, channelers, beastlords, pay to win mounts, xp pots, and balance classes properly.
    Zenji likes this.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Anyone who raids/does heroics can attest to the fact that EoF-DoV are some of the best content in the game, DoF/Classic has no depth, no AA's, no red text, curses, no aoe's to co-ordinate. It's just flat, boring gameplay, where you press the same few buttons and kill nameds that are no different than trash other than a special chest they drop at the end.

Tl;dr cheggers is right.
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I would play on this server, game doesn't get remotely fun until KoS.

EoF needs some serious revamps to the content to fix it, in it's current state all the charms are gone, all the hp on mobs is fairly moot, seeing as how my strat for the entire expansion was just to burn it before it mattered stacking druids.
    Zenji likes this.
  20. Frid Member

I have played the game since 2004. I have never heard any of my guildies claim that they prefer the game past TSO, where everything was instanced, there was no feeling of adverntures, no grouping at low level and so on. I am very surprised that people on this forum seem to agree on this fact. Maybe this is what they call the "echo chamber effect".