Returning player - Few questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Bulletbutter, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Bulletbutter New Member

So I've been playing EQ2 off and on for a while now, never got higher than level 20ish. I'm familiar with MMO's as I have played many different games in the past. Spent most of the past few years playing WoW mainly. Decided to revisit EQ2 for a bit and have a few questions.
    1. Speed of Leveling
      • How fast do you level up? I am wanting to really enjoy the leveling process. I would like to be able to experience all content at an appropriate level. Does EQ2 have the issue a lot of MMO's have where you outlevel the content you are doing? Is there a way to slow it down if so?
    2. Combine/Merge different accounts
      • I was a day 1 purchaser of EQ2, played a few months then stopped. Came back and left a few times. During those times I had made new accounts because of forgotten account names/passwords/emails. Also I started playing DCUO.....had the same thing happen. Sadly, my main DCUO and EQ2 account are under different accounts. Oddly enough, the account I am posting on isn't even my main EQ2 account. Is there a way to merge two or more Daybreak accounts?
    3. Soloability/Community availability
      • I would love to be able to solo most (if not all) content up to current patch/expansion. I understand that it probably isn't possible to do so however. Given that EQ2 is a...."less popular" game (for lack of better phrasing), for the things that do require groups....how difficult would it be to get groups going for some of the older content? Or even new content? I guess I am asking what the queue times are like. Is the population even big enough to find people to do things I need/want to do?
    4. Information/Guides
      • A game like wow has a few websites that are up to date with things like class guides, rotations, quest guides, etc. Are there any websites like say, Icy Veins for EQ2? Basically a one stop site to get all the information I want/need?
  2. Krogon New Member

Hi Bulletbutter,

I was in your same situation a couple months ago, so I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1. Leveling speed seems about right if you stick to the appropriate content. You will find that your level moves a little faster than the quest content in the beginning, but it levels off. That being said, many areas of the game are very quiet, as most people level alts in 'agnostic' content, bypassing any real questlines.

2. I can't speak to this. I do know that you can use the 'forgot username' feature to reactivate your accounts if you still have access to the email address associated. I'm pretty sure you have to pay if you want to move a character from one account to another.

3. I would say the game is incredibly solo friendly up into the 90s at least. There is a lot of content available, so if you start getting quests that are too difficult, you can just move to another area and work on more appropriate lines.

4. I use EQ2 dot WIKIA for most quest information. It's pretty loaded with advertisements, but there's a ton of good info there and it's still updated by the community.

Good luck and Welcome Back!
  3. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

4. Inyuyasha Member

hello and welcome back... to answer your questions...

1. Speed of leveling
    You will out level the content if you try to do everything the content has to offer. there are options though... you can chrono to a level ( this is an NPC in the game you talk to and he will make you mentor to any level you wish up to your current level in increments of 5 levels) you can disable quest/adventure xp as well to keep you in that tier till you are done. there is also a slider bar that you can move (if you are a member) to adjust how the xp is spent between level and Alternate Advancement(AA)

2. Combine/Merge different accounts
    this is probably a no go for this. the only way I can think of doing this is to buy transfer tokens and transfer them to the other account. this would be very costly. the other way you could contact DBG with a petition but again I doubt they would be able to help much.
    3.Soloability/Community availability
    you can solo pretty much everything up to and including some things of the current tier of the game. you also have access to mercs to help you as well. as for the community some servers are sparser than others but overall there is a good community out there. I would suggest finding an active guild that adheres to your play style and check them out.

4 Information/Guides
    there are a few website that are still pretty good eq2i.com is the wiki for the game and it has walkthroughs timelines and all kinds of stuff out there. there is eq2wire.com the person running that no longer updates it but it is still a great resource for things. there is eq2.eqtraders.com for your crafting updates... eq2interface.com if you are looking to use a non-standard UI or want to tweak some

that is pretty much it. the game is still going pretty well and there are some great people some not so great but that is with any online game.

hope this answers most/all your questions if you have any more and will be playing on AB look me up I am almost always on :)
  5. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

or you could try the fallen gate server for a while to get the feeling for the game, it's far from perfect, but much slower xp rate.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

I can answer the solo question as I solo'd the entire game, and once you get to current KA content, you're so overpowered you can go back and do all the heroic/raid content by yourself with a merc using the chronomancer. It is entirely doable except for the epic 2.0 at the current tier (which will likely be soloable once you hit level 110) and the occasional 'you need six people to press six different buttons' content you run into when you're doing old heroic or raid content, and if you ask enough in general chat, usually people will help you out. (Some of us keep hoping they'll unlock these old restrictions so everything can be done.)
  7. Balrin Member-Antonia Bayle server EU play time

On live servers you can solo pretty much anything with mercs,if you want a much slower leveling procsess try fallen server.
    As for the community its great very helpful and mature guilds included,as for merging accounts i havent heard anything if that can be dine at all.
    Information sites include eq2wiki eq2zam,eq2interface and eq2wire.Also be sure to check out the general tab as ive posted a link to a book with tons of lore and info on eq2 its outdated but provides a good background on many things.
    I hope i helped have fun and safe travels.
  8. Edelphia Well-Known Member

What server are you playing on? I know on Maj'Dul there are several guilds that are made up of people that solo, mine being one of them (Phoenix Rizing), but they are friendly players that will help you out if you run into something you don't know, or content you may need help with. The chronomage in all the cities will let you go down to whatever level you need to be to complete past content. Most guild halls now have a chronomage also. Guilds are a great resource for the soloing player as well as the raiders. Just find one you are comfortable in and ask questions before you join so you know if it's a good fit for you and the way you play.

As far as merging past accounts, good luck with that. You can try putting in a petition, but I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed on that. You may get lucky and find a GM that would be willing to help you, but it's not a common occurrence.

I see several wonderful sites have been mentioned about getting game play info. EQ2WIKIA is probably the most up to date, but for older (before Tears of Veeshan and Vesper Isles) I personally prefer EQ2ZAM. If you like to decorate your house, EQ2FURNITURE is a great asset, and EQ2TRADERS is a crafters best friend.

If you are on Maj'Dul, look me up, I'll be happy to help
    Edelphia, Kiskilla, Kilashandra, and most of the other Phoenix Rizing recuiters :p