Returning player. Feeling kind of newb-ish

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Songsblade, Dec 7, 2015.

1. flameweaver Well-Known Member

2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well to answer your questions (at least in partial). Do not start on TLE unless you want revive old pain and suffering...
    While it's tempting to roll for a little while level 90 heroic char it' might be worth while to start slower and roll new char level it to level 20 and hit agnostic dungeons for gearing up. Once you got full set from agnostic (those are better run molo - mercenary + solo) you run explore around within your current tier... From my experience most interesting were Deserts of Flame (50-60), KoS (60-70) and RoK (70-80) I'd skip completely Shadow Odyssey x-pack and Shattered Frontier - nothing really in it ... But I'd do Chain of Eternity signature line - not so bad story line and zones are interesting as well... I'd skip completely ToV but make sure before you hit your level 95 to have a least 200 Etymas from agnostic dungeons so you can get full set of gear for AoM x-pack. I'd certainly do AoM signature line for 2 reasons - a) you NEED place where you can hit 100 b) you want to get rewards from sig quest - ability dislodge adornments at will and very nice mount.
    All in all - the long path (but more interesting imo) is something along lines DOF-KOS-ROK-COE-AoM-ToT, short cut would be Agnostics from 20 to 95 and than jump into AoM :)
  3. Songsblade Member

I forgot about that helpful mod..i used to have it then uninstalled it when i left. Will definitely use that considering it's a time saver when using it to find locations.
    I'm probably going to play it slow and enjoy the lore this time. I kind of rushed abit the last time i did play it though thankfully i didn't really power level any of my toons. Tempting as it might be to be at end game fast and doing the end high quests.
    As for guilds...i'll decide when i get to that bridge or if anyone asks. Currently i'm leaning towards less or no raiding and just hanging out and doing quests. More family orientated i think.
  4. Songsblade Member

5. Songsblade Member

So far i have a Level 20 Kerran and i'll probably be using him to get used to the game again but where do i go to find the agnostic dungeons. Do i need the new exp pack to enter it? So far DoF looks interesting what with the factions involved and KoS which i bought but never experienced. I don't mind if the path is long but its the grinding between levels cause i experienced it where after a certain level, it was really slow going and getting XP was slower. So far i have a mount which is Heirloom so i'm assuming i can place it in a shared bank for my toons to use. For weapons, i'll probably end up at the brokers..again.
  6. Seefar Well-Known Member

Not all guilds demand a lot for membership. If you're on Halls of Fate, for instance, try the Lonewolf guild ;)

There's a nagnostics entry portal in Qeynos Harbor, near the clock. You don't need the new expansion to enter it, but you do need to be somewhat less than max level... I've never experienced agnostics -- ironically (since I've been too little for most stuff for, well, pretty much forever), I'm always too big for them!

If you don't mind the path being long but hate the grind, then my advice would be to disable the XP window so that you can focus on the fun, not on pointless numbers.
  7. Songsblade Member

Heh..now you tell me? My last lowest toon was in Halls of Fate server..lol..right now my toons are parked on Antonia Bayle server. But i'll be sure to look them up once i get a character there.

In other words,if i were to go there in any level and its not maybe 10 levels away from max, i'll get splattered like a bug on a wind screen? :p sometimes its not so much the grind as the focus. I tend to lose it after a few levels when i start to slow down. I think i'll be focusing more on lore and storyline for now :)
  8. Seefar Well-Known Member

My timing has always been bad, sorry about that. But no matter... will look forward to seeing you one day, perhaps. No rush :)

Nooo... 'agnostics' -- as I understand them, as I say I've never been in one -- are accessible to anyone as long as they're 94 or less (I think? Maybe minimum 20?). The groups are all effectively the 'same level' while inside. Oddly enough, this is a playstyle I've tried hard to encourage over the years using mentoring: if everyone were to mentor the 'little guy' in a group, we'd all be the same level. My attempts to encourage this have failed, mostly because most folk seem to believe that they're 'more effective' if they are at the highest level they can be... and most people seem to be in it for the 'phat lewts' rather than the fun (and danger) :/

Slowing down is not a bad thing. After all, what's the rush?
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

If you need help on AB, I enjoy helping folks. Btw...about that Guardian, umm...they are slow to level. Since you enjoy melee, maybe a zerker, SK, Pally or even a Warden. Yep, I know the last is a healer, but for solo, they are super fun, can usually find a group and you still smack mobs around. How can that be wrong?

Anyway, if you need help, give me a shout. I am usually on Kittaene...although today, may be on an alt...running em through Thalumbra.

Cheers,

Kitty
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Agnostics - dungeons that scales with you from level 20 to 94 - you can ding in them 95 but can't enter in them at 95. Every 10 levels (20, 30, 40 etc.) agnostics will offer you new set of gear and giving blue stats that comes with it ... it's best legendary gear set you can get solo/molo. Exp. gain in Agnostics also supreme, specially you can see difference for x-pack Shadow Odyssey and Shattered Frontiers ... in Agnostics you will get 2000-4000 per kill ... within on-land zones 5 time less....I did agnostics before new pack been introduced and can comment only on 5 old one... Imo - 3 of them very easy moloable - Deep Forge, Erudine Library and Charassis - Maiden - I'd stick with those 3... All new instances (according to people who tried them) - very hard
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o almost forgot something else you got to get used to is the bunnies there are bunnies everywhere in Norath
    >:3
    to bad I think you missed the killer bunny event , but it might have scarred you right backout of the game
  12. Songsblade Member

I think the rush was to be at end game or to be at a the highest level so you could do the expansion packs.
  13. Songsblade Member

Tell me about it..lol. I rolled up an zerker alt just recently and i'm having some fun with him. Only reason i play my Guadian is because he was the first toon i ever made so i go back to him occasionally :) I tend to be more up close and personal in combat styles, hence the fighter classes. I played Guardian starting out cause it was closest to Zerker when EQ2 first started :p And it looked kinda cool :)

I'll remember that and thanks for the offer :)
  14. Songsblade Member

Well,being killed by a bunny does give one...perspective :p The vorpal bunny was back? Dammit!! i missed it!!!
    Seefar likes this.
  15. Songsblade Member

Ahhh...sounds sweet and i'll check that out with my toons when i get on later tonight :) New gear always sounds good :)
  16. Adevil Well-Known Member

Kittybock likes this.
  17. Songsblade Member

18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this event was to honor Monty Pythons anniversary
    we even got a stack of holy gradates.
    Songsblade likes this.
  19. Songsblade Member

cool :) eerrr..what's it do? lol

On a side note...so many things to claim ( yes, i finally hit /claim ) so little storage space. And i have a mount? Oookay..never knew i did.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think you will love it here don't overdo it and you wont burn out again do it all and you wont get bored
    But most of all just have fun.
    about those grenades not the slightest idea I just horded them never know when we get invaded by killer bunnies again .