Returning player. Feeling kind of newb-ish

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Songsblade, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Songsblade Member

Hello all,

Its been a while. I stopped playing EQ2 for a bit and i thought i'd log in again to play after a really long break. But pretty much everything's changed..lol. I have a level 45 Guardian since i last left and i was wondering should i just re-roll a totally new character? I've been out for so long playing my character feels kind of awkward, it terms of getting the rhythm going ( like using my combat skills )

If not, is there any zones anyone can recommend for level 45s and up? I'm actually playing DoF ( finally..yes, i know i'm 10 years late..lol) and i have the latest expansion till ToT which i'm still sitting on the fence about buying.

Any help would be good..please? I'm kinda lost since coming back.
  2. Eradani Well-Known Member

i got so lost i rolled on the TLE server. we don't even have AAs unlocked yet, let alone adorning and reactant gear and that other new gear and 5 new colors of adorns and...

that being said, it really wouldn't take long to get to 45 again if you rerolled a new guardian (or whatever) and there was just a big round of server merges into 3 servers so there should be lots of peeps to group with.
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Good news is if your starting from scratch or as a level 45, you won't need the latest expansion until you're level 100. Buying this will also give you the previous expansion, Altar of Malice, which covers levels 95 -100, so for now you'll be good up to around level 94, without any expense.

Some links to get you started.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Soloing_Timeline
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Lore_and_Legend_Timeline
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Language_Timeline
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Heritage_Quests_Timeline
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Gods
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_City_of_Qeynos_Timeline
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_City_of_Freeport_Timeline
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeon_Timeline

My advice would be start from scratch, it'll be the quickest way to relearn the game.

Good luck and welcome back
    Kittybock, SierraDawn and Jaden like this.
  4. Songsblade Member

Sounds like something i'd do eventually if i can't get back into the rhythm of it. I'm assuming they are slowly unlocking things, like expansions on the server?
  5. Songsblade Member

I do have a lower level character which i'd probably delete to go through the content again and a level 20 Kerra. Hmmm..I never really got into the expansions by the time i left. I remember when we had to work for entrance into the different zones.Yup..that long ago.
    flameweaver likes this.
  6. flameweaver Well-Known Member

One other option, create a heroic character. This will give you a level 90 with legendary gear and adept quality spells/combat arts, a flying mount and some decent bags, some plat and (I think) 320 AA points. There's a try before you buy option, so you can try out the various classes and content, but you won't be able to level past 90 and there are some other restrictions - no access to guild bank comes to mind. But you get access to the content and you can mentor down and try out the earlier content to get a feel.
    If you don't like the way a particular class plays, just delete the heroic and roll a new one.
    When you find a class you like, you can take the option to upgrade (3500 SC - 35$ to buy the SC) and release all of the restrictions.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've had this account almost since launch. You must definitely type /claim and look through all the goodies that have been awarded to you over the years :D Some are just for fun while others are quite useful.

Some of the items you can claim for every character, some have a limited number of times you can claim them. That information will be listed with each item. Just be aware that not all can be claimed by every character you ever create.

Welcome back!
    Yadni Harper, Eradani, Seefar and 2 others like this.
  8. Songsblade Member

Heh..i tried that before i started replaying it. It's not too bad i have to admit. Playing a LV 90 Berserker and it was an eye opener with how powerful that sucker was. Had to relearn all my Heroic Ops. I would probably be upgrading to a 3 month account cause i'm hoping to move overseas so it'll give me something to do while waiting for a visa to work.

But the one thing is...if i create a new character and my LVL 45 characters has a warg..can i transfer that over to the new character? yes,i'm lazy and Antonica has too much open space to run from Point A to B :p
  9. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Transferring a mount may be possible, depends on whether it is flagged as HEIRLOOM or not. You can examine the mount to check and if it's heirloom, you can place it in your shared bank.

As Adevil says, type /claim as there will almost certainly be mounts available waiting for you - even on newly created characters.
    Songsblade likes this.
  10. Songsblade Member

Yup...i was here since launch :) That was back in 2004-2005 :) I was around for a while since then and just played on until i got burnt out. But EQ2 will always bring back fond memories..it was my first serious MMO..lol. I think i did the claim when i first got back and yes, i still have a room in Willow Wood...probably :)

Thanks for the welcome back :D
  11. Songsblade Member

Thanks..i'll see about that when i log in later and take a look. Probably delete the Freeblood i have in it which i never got to play and start another one :)

Thanks for all your help,guys...now i know why i came to EQ2. The community :)
    flameweaver likes this.
  12. flameweaver Well-Known Member

You should still have the room but it's no longer in Willow Wood. Go Qeynos, accept the Winds of Change quest that should pop up or go to the Lions Mane Inn in South Qeynos and find the door that is the zone in to the WW housing instance.
    Songsblade likes this.
  13. Songsblade Member

Lions Mane Inn - South Qeynos - gotcha :)

I'll always remember logging in and spending hours on the auction board looking for items for my Guardian..hehe..

Hmmm...checking my STEAM account..i DID buy Altar of Malice. Not that i'll touch THAT content anytime soon.
    flameweaver likes this.
  14. Seefar Well-Known Member

They sound very much like famous last words...

P.S. Welcome back!
    Kittybock and Songsblade like this.
  15. Songsblade Member

Heh..hey, it took me 10 years to touch Desert of Flames ( finally ) so like i said..i don't see myself touching that content just yet.

Thanks for the welcomes :)
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

don't worry about those expansions as I understand it you get those anyway even free accounts get almost everything now
    and as I understand it you only need to buy the last expansion the one before is added automatically for everybody since launch of the new one.
    I would leave your guardian alone for now, make a new character and explore the brave new world called Norath
    and when your good and ready knowing how things run get back on your old toon and have fun
    Yea the old villages got turned into dungeons and now are battle zones wile the people that used to live there stand outside shaking their fists.
    Get yourself into a good supportive guild with friendly people they will help you with quests and gear.
    I don't know if your interested in that , but there are some fun trade skill quests out there too
    and last but not least you can decorate that apartment of yours , heck you can even harvest trees
    once a month we have city festivals where you can buy all kinds of things for the house or to look good
    or go and get some tokens during moonlight enchantment to get everything from plushies to cloud tiles
    and on the 10th of December we get the Frostfell festival .
    So there is a lot to do might as well be a new game :D ;)
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

ToV was added to the free download when ToT went live. At the moment AoM is only available with the purchase of ToT. It's always been the most recent 2 expansions are witheld from free to play. Edit: That may not be strictly true, because I seem to recall being able to play through Sentinel's Fate when Freeport was trialing F2P. Destiny of Velious was current at that time. The most recent 2 being witheld may have come in when F2P went game wide.
  18. Songsblade Member

Since coming back i'm trying to unlearn and relearn everything. Never was much into tradeskilling. Though it does sounds like an awesome idea to just roll up a totally fresh toon and just play it as a totally newbie. Sigh...i remember WW..and actually buying armor and weapons from the trader/forger there..lol.

I don't know if any guild would want me considering i don't really play as regular as some of them actually. That's why i tend to solo in the past. I used to be in a guild," Unsung Heroes " but they've broken up. I miss them honestly.

I'll give the new events a shot and see and do what there is but it'll be at a slower rate this time..lol. Less chances of burn out again. I just want to enjoy the journey as it were and worry less about the destination.
  19. Songsblade Member

Okay..i guess i tend to be a bit of a completion-ist ..call me OCD but when it comes to expansion, i have an urge to just get it all and slowly but surely go through it. That's why i'm looking at ToT and i have to admit, it is CHEAP even after its converted to Singapore currency and really value for money in terms of content.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if you don't have it already download the eq2 maps sorry don't know the website to look for , but it will make your life a lot more easy
    I started to play only 6 years ago but I only got 1 character up to level 92 , ( the hard way )
    So yes go slow and smell the roses on the way lol or pick them .
    I discovered a lot of things to do and interesting quests to do when I started to play on a TLS
    its so easy to just blast through the condense having somebody power level you but this game has so much to offer
    don't be in a hurry to get to the endgame to fast
    Anyway I know there are guilds out there that will take you in , because those guilds like to take it easy too.
    there are guilds that like to raid and there are guilds that just want to be together having fun
    Seefar likes this.