Returning player, deleted old characters.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Janarra, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Janarra New Member

I recently returned after leaving game for a few years while getting health back with the VA. My family let the kids play my account and they deleted my characters. Which do not show up on the deleted list. How do I get at least one of my Characters back?
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

If they are not in the deleted area, your only hope is to petition and see CS can help. They may need to know the name of the character(s) you want restored, if it is even possible now that newer deleted characters can be restored with the application of DBC. Here's to hoping!
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  3. Janarra New Member

Ugg, that wont happen. I tried to. But I dont remember my security answer, and the verify email needed to be done for some reason which I cant do because I cant remember my security answer...a viscous unending circle of dread. If im lucky, i'll find my old book of passwords in a box. Frustrated.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you left before the server merges, you can try something that may make them appear in the deleted character list.

Shut down the launchpad. Open your EQ2 file, delete the Log In cache US and the Log in cache EU. Close your EQ2 file and rerun the launchpad, let it run all the way to the character select screen, DO NOT select a character from the drop down menu. This repopulates the character list onto the correct merged server, which is what we did after the merges so the characters would go onto the new server. This may repopulate your deleted characters list, maybe they were hanging in Neverland on servers that no longer exist.

If that does not work. I would make a new account and submit a petition and reference the older account and your issue. Although even though DBG employees and others always say to make a new account to petition, I do not know how you can petition from it unless you subscribe it for a month. But its worth a try, if you cannot submit the petition from a new account. If you have a friend or family member that plays, you could ask them to submit a petition for you and tell them your character name or an email they can contact you on and see if something can be worked out that way.

Good luck!! I hope you decide to stay and play with us whether you can get your characters back or not. If you end up on AB and need assistance, please feel free to give me a shout.

Welcome back to Norrath, enjoy your journey.
    Dude, Seefar, Gubba Bump and 2 others like this.
  5. Janarra New Member

Thank you so much for your help! This did refresh the charaters, but it seems mine may be stuck somewhere from an old server.
    Dude and Gubba Bump like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You are quite welcome, I am glad that it helped. That gives you a place to start in retrieving what you can. Now that its repopulated, you can try validating the files and then go through the same procedure to repopulate your list again, maybe that will make them come out of Neverland.

If you have a good friend ask them to petition on your behalf, but have them give customer service your contact information. Or better yet, find a post from Roxxlyy or look under the staff post button on the top of the forums and find one from her click on her picture and select start a conversation. Politely ask her if she could forward your issue to the appropriate people because you cannot petition.
    Dude, Seefar, Gubba Bump and 2 others like this.
  7. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I have petitioned requests for my husband before, so I know that they will honor a spouse/friend request if the contact person cannot ask the GM's directly for help. Good luck!
  8. Janarra New Member

You guys are very helpful, thank you so much. Even though I did manage to get other deleted characters to appear, the one loved character I wanted was not there. So looks like i'll try a family members petition. Thanks again for all your help. Much gratitude!!!
    Dude, Siren, Rosyposy and 4 others like this.
  9. Janarra New Member

I WAS able to recover my account!!! Daybreak folks were awesome and very helpful. It didnt take long and I received all responses in a quick timely fashion. Thank you everyone for info. Once I realized that at first I was trying to recover my secondary account, I was fine. My original most loved account...of course I remember the security answer :). That is the one I thought I was recovering when I started this. So grateful for everyone involved. Thank you much!
    Finora, Prox, Siren and 7 others like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I am happy to hear that you were able to get your account back.

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy your journey, welcome back to Norrath!
    Janarra, Siren, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes, so glad they were helpful and got you back playing again. I am sure they appreciate the good words you said about them too :) Have fun and Happy Hunting!
    Janarra, Cyrrena, Siren and 1 other person like this.