Returning player can't find EU Thurg ex Splitpaw Characters

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Aurea, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Aurea New Member

Hi, I've just logged in for the first time in a long time. I now have a drop down that allows me to pick my old characters but which is stalling at connecting to the login server. If I don't use the dropdown from the front installer I just get asked to create a new character or a new level 100 and no apparent means to set my server choice. How do I go about finding my old ones?

Thanks in advance

Vashar/Aurela
  2. Aurea New Member

Oh my! Switched to EU English and now downloading 24gb. May have found my issue, trying to log in to US servers for no reason.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

so that this doesn't happen in future, need to have backup, current (supported by updated) full version of game client. then copy is made from it for play on servers of interest. and you can have backup for both US and EU version, in one copy (in any, in EU or in US) - they are interchangeable with difference that launcher (if all is right) will download an additional one and half to two Gb or less, to existing game client, if you switch to another version of English. What does it mean - "right"? That is, you need to make sure that option "full client" is always set in launcher. Need to check it out especially if you switch to another language version. I don’t know, maybe someone will explain this better (I don’t have time and my head sometimes hurts), but exactly sure that you can avoid reloading more than 20 gigabytes of game when, for example, accidentally, wrong, switch on not to one that you need option