Returning player asking for advices

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Oneecia, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Oneecia New Member

Hey there,

Stopped the game a very long ago and I would like to give it a try again.
    I managed to get my characters back but was confused when i logged in today.
    My illusionist is lvl90, i thought i left at lvl 80:
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1297080713590
    Is all the stuff garbage now (lvl80 stuff on a lvl90 char) or may I start leveling with it? (back in the days this stuff was very good and hard to get)
    Where should I start? Any advice?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

First all, take a deep breath and relax. If you feel up to it, restart a new toon so you can learn the UI as you go, but that's up to you. I do strongly urge you to find a guild that will train new players, they can help a LOT! This game is more fun with friends and guildies, after all. You might want to let us know what server you are on also, as someone may volunteer to assist you. Welcome back to the game and I hope you stay and play with us!
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

No worries; your armor isn't garbage from 90-100. You will get new stuff as you quest as rewards, or can get crafted things. When you reach level 100, you throw out all your old armor like everyone else did because the devs made it useless at that point and get the Panda gear in Sundered Frontier by the spire and/or mix and match with the free gear they give you with the newest expac (PoP).

As for where to start as a returning player? Depends on what you want to do, level or experience content. If it's the first, then use your level 90 toon and finish to 110. If it's experience content, roll a new level 1 toon and enjoy!
    Soara2 likes this.