Returning player, and wondering what classes you all find are lacking in raids.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Selenthia, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Selenthia Guest

Just as the heading states. My hubby and I are returning to the game and was wondering what classes you find lakcing at end game. What spots seem hard to fill in a raid?
    Just your thoughts on this and why?
  2. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Just from my experience, I'm going to say utility classes off the bat. I've not seen many bards or enchanters turned down for raids, especially since you're mostly doing x4s at endgame and it's nice to have a few for multiple groups. Some encounters in Skyshrine raids really need the bard's AOE blockers and buffs for success, and some powerdrain like there's no tomorrow - that's where our strengths lie, and that's usually why our troubs and coercers get first invite.
    On the other hand, it is summertime and I'm seeing a lot of friends' raidforces struggling for able bodies to fill slots. If you really love, let's say, the ranger and want to bring that to raid, go for it!
  3. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

If you really know your class, and find a raid force that fits you, then they probably will take you. That being said, good utility who don't mind playing the class are always hard to find. I've seen a number of raids looking for healers, especially Inquisitors because they can solo heal groups and put out some decent damage. I've also seen a lack of Swashy/Brigands lately, but that may just be our server. Tanks and DPS are always in high competition so a casual force may pick those up, especially good ones, but a lot of high end forces have their established tanks and rarely have open DPS spots.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ykiphia1 Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

Utility classes are the most represented in raids right now (8 spots for bards/chanters) so that's your best bet to get in anywhere. Shaman (mystic moreso) always seem to be needed at high end guilds. Wardens were recently improved and have had their desirability increased.
    If you're shooting for a casual raid guild you could get away with most any other class if you excel at it, but utility is the best bet for average players.
    Make sure it's a class you enjoy though!
  6. ARCHIVED-Selenthia Guest

Thank you all. I kind of figured as much but better to be sure than waste a few weeks grinding to 92 ( i think thats the new level cap) and gearng up enough to get a raid guild to even let me through the door.

I tried out the BL just to see what all the hype was about, but it's definately not for me. I had a mystic back in the day that I raided with, but not sure if I want to go that route again, or an inquisitor. Might try out the Warden and see what I can pull out with that or a Troub. Play one of each to max level and take it from there.
    Thanks all again for your time and consideration.