Returning player and quite lost on gear.

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Amitee, Apr 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amitee Guest

I've been gone close to 3 years and my main toon is an 80 Warden with about 144 AAs. I have all expansions except DoV right now (will get that next month). I'm afraid to group until I at least get some more up-to-par gear. I'm wondering, is the shard armor the best way to go? How is player-crafted armor in the 80's? I can't tell what would be the best to acquire due to all the new stats, missing stats.. and... I'm lost.
    Any advice would be very helpful. I'm currently messing around in Ykesha in an attempt to get my feet wet, but all of the quest rewards have been coin to this point, thus I haven't come across any upgrades to help me start to get a feel for gear. Should I skip Ykesha and head to Sentinels instead?
  2. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

the only stats that matter to you are WIS & STA. they didnt update the old gear and many of it still has 3 or 4 stats on it. velious has the correct gear stats. sentinel fate does give out gear but im not sure if it has WIS/STA/INT or WIS/STA on the leather gear.
  3. ARCHIVED-Amitee Guest

Ok, I read that ability (?), not sure if I have that right is something that adds to power of spells as well as potency, but that it's been largely taken off the newest gear? What about crit? Does that effect heals as well as spells? Seems like there were heal modifiers as well or was that taken off and replaced with potency and ability?
    Sorry, I probably wasn't saying stats right. I meant the other modifers put on armor now.
    And since no other advice is forthcoming on how to get started... I'll just start with Ykesha and work my way up, hopefully I figure things out as I go, but at this point, there is so much to re-learn that it's starting to feel like a "job" trying to figure all of this out.
    Is there a warden specific website or busier forum somewhere?
  4. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

Welcome back!
    Maybe I can help clarify some stuff for you. If you have plenty of shards or shard gear, then it's probably best to go with that for now. The wilderness warrior stuff will work best, as it will give you melee stats and a good amount of wis. This will be better than mastercrafted in most slots. You will not get many gear upgrades questing in Moors, but you will get a good amount of AA and a decent amount of coin from doing the qeusts. When you get tired of the Moors, and it'll happen if you have to ride the balloon too often, go to SF and start the quests there.
    Anything you can do for AA do it, cause 144 is really low. Self-mentoring is something you might want to try, especially if there are zones you did not do when they were appropriate level- there'll be a lot of AA from killing the names. If you are a good warden, there is a Chronomage in Qeynos Harbor, near the statue of Antonia Bayle. If you are an evil warden, there is a Chronomage in East Freeport on the back porch of a building on the water. I'm not sure where the Chronomages are in the other cities.
    You will be able to start questing in DoV around level 85 or 86, I think all the starter Velious gear is level 86 equipable. I've only run 90s through the content so far, so I'm not certain. You will get significant upgrades running these quests, though you will lose all your melee gear because SOE doesn't like healers being able to use the battle healer specs any more. This is a sore point for many of us.
    As a warden you want Wis for power and dps...spells, CAs, autoattack, etc. Wisdom is uncapped so the more the better. Sta will give you hp, again it's uncapped so the more the better.
    Critical chance will increase the chance that your abilities will crit, whether they be heals, spells, combat arts, or autoattack.
    Multiattack will increase your chances to hit more than once on a successful autoattack.
    Ability mod will increase the heal amount of heals and the damage amount of spells/combat arts. The cap for ability mod is 50% of the damage that ability does. This is a stat that is being fazed out with DoV gear, but is on gear before DoV.
    Potency used to be called base heal/base spell/base ca....It increases the base damage of your abilities, it is uncapped so the more the better. This does not affect autoattack so it may not help with pure dps builds as much as some other stats.
    Crit Bonus increases the amount of damage your abilities do when they crit. Each crit has a multiplier, the base is different based on class and ability. I think for a warden the base for spells is 1.2, melee 1.3 and healing 1.4, but I could be mistaken. Every 10% of crit bonus increases the multiplier by .1.
    Haste is nice for dpsing as it speeds up your weapon swings
    DPS mod will increase the amount of your autoattack damage.
    Ministration is completely and utterly useless. Subjugation is useless for the way I play, however those who root and nuke might like it, but it only works for one of the warden's roots. Ordination is also useless for my play style and only affects the warden's group root, so might be nice for those who root/nuke. Disruption is okay if you cast spells. Crushing/Slashing will help you to hit the mobs with your combat arts and autoattack, but it's not available on any gear priests can use in DoV. Focus is nice, but I wouldn't go after it on gear as your self buff gives you significant focus. Use this to avoid interrupts when mobs are pounding on you.
    Any mod that includes Ability in its title affects spells, heals, and combat arts, so Ability reuse affects everything except autoattack, same with Ability casting speed.
    At the moment, I can't think of any other stats that you will see on gear. If I think of anything else I will edit this.