Returning player advice

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rayven storm, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Rayven storm New Member

Hello all as title says I'm a returning player.
    Now I will be playing on thurgadin as its the last eu server it seems and I I know it's a solo game now until end game but I'm after some class advise.
    For soloing I'm looking at beastlord, shadow Knight conjy and druid or warlock.
    How are these doing on live and are they required at end game, I know the tanks not so much but any insights would be great.
    Thanks
    See you in norrath
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Redlight Well-Known Member

Swashbuckler!!!!! ;)
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  3. Crock Member

Unless the game has been heavily changed in the last few years (which it very well might have), Necromancer / Conjuror classes have been long-time among the best soloing classes out there. And lot more than that, if you would want to do group content.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Everyone always needs healers, and some healers solo better than others. Generally the "battle priests" (Inquisitor, Mystic, Warden -- they have AA that allows them to convert some spells to combat arts) solo better than their counterparts.

Conjurors are very good soloers, and fun to play. Warlocks are huge DPS, and I love mine. However, ANY caster class is dressed in tissue paper, so you have to have a sense of humor about dying. Once you really get the hang of the class you won't die as much.

I can't speak for Thurgadin, but on Maj'Dul we seem to have a shortage of end-game tanks willing to tank for heroic groups. OTOH, if raiding is your goal, most raids don't need more than 2 tanks, out of 24 positions, so you will have a harder time getting a raid slot.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Pixistik like this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

What did you choose? I have a lot of Shadow knights myself
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Mrrshan Member

how many SKs does one really need ???
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I have 3.

They are just lots of fun to play as a class.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

8. I need 8. I have 2 accounts and characters on 4 servers. Apparently I need 6 furies too. And 2 necromancers. Those are my favorites so yes, have multiples of them.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  9. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Just realized I have 2 templars also. just saying, and of course they are not that great and stuff cause I have too many.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Oh! I didn't count the SKs on F2P accounts....that would take it up to ummmm....8 or 9 off the top of my head (need 6 separate accounts to form your own guild).

Plus 3 furies, 2 templars, 2 inquisitors, and I think 4 rangers. Or thereabouts.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have 12 troubies, 8 beastlords, and 6 channelers, the channelers are the closest thing I have to a casting class, almost all of the rest of mine are scouts.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.