Returning/new player task priority (succinct)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Seknoot, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Seknoot New Member

Even as a veteran player, learning all the new things coming back and organizing my time for the highest priority items can be daunting. I’ve attenpted to make a succinct list. Let me know what I’ve missed and what you would re-order

ORDER OF TASKS RETURNING TO EQ2
    1 start leveling the merc of your choice (merc levels are time locked)
    2 get to level 100 using expansion claim item, solo timeline, dungeon timeline, or power level in crypt of agony agnostic dungeon
    3 go to plane of magic and get box of gear/divine potency reward from vendor
    4 claim orb of concentrated memories, broker 50 slot commission item, call of the veteran, any mount
    5 choose an ascension trainer and get initial spell and start collecting scrolls every 18 hours
    6 do yun zi quests for adornments, level 5 increase to ascension class of your choice
    7 do weekly quest in sundered frontier to get 5 scrolls
    8 level to 110, starting with plane of magic signature quest 1st step
    9 finish yzru faction quests (don't forget capstone quest at 50k faction) and pop sig line
    10 get spells upgraded for latest tier, adornments, reforging
    11 do pakiat and other faction quests (don't forget captstones)
    12 plane of valor daily/weekly solo & heroic missions/dungeons and public quests
    13 do ascension timeline pre-reqs
    14 do ascension timeline
    15 epic 2.0 pre reqs
    16 epic 2.0 quest
    17 level alts to 110 doing signature line & 3 questlines for a total of 12 celestials to trade to main toon
    18 key quests in plane of magic
    19 public quests in plane of magic
  2. Seknoot New Member

Also forgot to add leveling adornments to level 4 in proving grounds
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be weeklies in Obulus Frontier?
  4. Warsteiner Member

Great list!

I’d also work tradeskilling in there somewhere too. The rewards for the PoP crafting timeline are really nice.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's actually better to do Pride Pakiat first, because the other factions' quests send you into Pakiat territory frequently, so not having aggro there is nice.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Do Pakiat first - keeps the epics non-aggro, and as it's the most painful of all of them, gets it done soonest.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  7. Tommara Active Member

Thank you so much for this list! I've only been gone for two years, but the last time I played was on Stormhold, so my max level characters (95) are way much more behind than two years.