Returning Monk

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Xordus, May 26, 2018.

1. Xordus Member

So I just recently started playing again on my level 100 monk. 2 expansions behind and trying to catch up. I just hit level 110 today and am trying to get access to the Planes for PQ access. I've only got legendary gear but i'm having issues killing thing. No, haven't gotten to my Epic 2.0 yet but, my daughter who really doesnt play often, created her free level 100 toon, and Assassin, and is killing **** easier on her level 100 then I do at level 110. I had to have my wife join me on the access quests to kill things. I dont die, but named fights take forever! Am I missing something? Help.

~Xordus~
  2. The Fonz Active Member

Dragonfire, Rising Dragon (57% chance to reset Dragonfire if AA spec), Dragonfire. Is your best DPS.
  3. Xordus Member

Yea, I noticed that on my parse. Even better than the autoattack. That still doesn't seem to account for my lack of DPS all around though. :(
  4. Meilay Active Member

Xordus I have my toon unlocked on EQ2.u- if you want to glance over my specs. Also happy to go over them with you- MEILAY on HoF. Naggato also has his specs open IIRC.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. The Fonz Active Member

autoattack is garbage now.
  6. Xordus Member

Thank you, I will definitely check it out!
  7. Boli Active Member

The dps tiers are not as close as they once were; when I was last raiding fighters could be pushing up with the T2 dps (bards, chanters offensive healers etc) and even push into T1 territory on some fights; a well geared tank could outparse a badly played t1 dps consistantly.

Now things are a lot less fluid and in your defensive stance expect to parse at best 10% of a T1 DPS; tanks generally perform better in AoE encounters but in general when you are tanking in defensive do not expect to do much in the way of dps at all.

Offensive stance with the massive potency buff you can expect to outparse healers and even tickle the mob if you are lucky; doubly so on AoE encounters (especially with dragonfire), so if your healer can handle going offensive on trash and soloing is generlaly prefered.

ofc... as you are generally outparsing healers and forcing them to do more "work" if you want a set of regular healer friends as long as you hold agro and get the zone done - just stay defensive rotate all your saves and let them have their own fun.

As a tank you'll get blamed for every death and script failure anyways; you might as well reduce the chances of being one-shot to add more amunition to dps rants about ruining their 'perfect parse' ;)
  8. Sounson Active Member

I threw up a little when i read this.
    Revanu likes this.
  9. Vogie Active Member

LOL well not everyone is as O.P. as you are!
  10. Xordus Member

Thank you for all the tips and feedback. Meilay I added you to my friends list and may hit you up with some questions in the future. I checked out some AA builds and changed a few things. I’m not used to going full Offensive, even though that seems the way of it now. I’m still trying to catch up in quests and gear. One thing I noticed that I miss is death save (Brawlers Tenacity). At least in the PQs I was in. Good thing is, I can now solo the solo dungeons and kill things! Finally finished the Legacy quest line so I have access to all zones. Now to work on my Epic 2.0. Are there guilds out there that help people with quests who aren’t in their guild? When my guild fell apart years ago inherited the guild and now it’s pretty much just me and my wife’s alts. LOL
  11. Boli Active Member

*most* of the fighter epic quest can be soloed and given how long it is that is almost expected; the following are the steps I actually required someone to step in and assist me with.

• The Warrior's Call: Volume I - "Kill Halcyon Malt in Thalumbra"

although I was trying it with a very low resolve and I was not yet level 110; I suspect this is soloable to me now.
    • The Warrior's Call: Volume II - Kill Neh'Ashiir in Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants (Heroic)"

not the actual final named himself but the two at the start:

A Residual Slime
      (spams a *lot* of adds - I healed through them other tanks can DPS them down or simply dps the named down faster than I could)

A Spectral Beguiler
      (I *almost* got this power drain mob but i have a cure on a short recastas well as an arcane. simply max dps or bring a healer alt and lots of potions)
    • The Warrior's Call: Volume III - "Go to Crypt of Dalnir: Ritual Chamber (Heroic) and find Srilk in the very last room after you have killed The Kly"

The Kly is a fully scripted encounter that needs 2 people to defeat it; not difficult but impossible to solo

• The Warrior's Call: Volume III - Essence of Devastation - Lost City of Torsis: The Spectral Market (Heroic)

Second to final name has a curse; you can max DPS it down but suspect you will need a high dps friend or a healer one.
    • The Warrior's Call: Volume III - Essence of Resolve - Crypt of Dalnir: Ritual Chamber (Heroic)

The Kly Mob again.
  12. Baldzilla New Member

I dps just fine in defensive stance. GEO Asc with combat fervor buffs on dmg does the trick. Not in the biggest most well geared guild but my monk can parse with our best dps on boss fights. That is my monk. My bruiser is having good success tanking too. Just like my mystic heals with the best defilers. It isn't class it is the player behind the class. The better you know your **** the better your **** will be.
  13. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

14. Revanu Well-Known Member

27% isn't even the jump from GM to ancient. So it is still going to throttle everyone on the parse.

Stack potency, cb overcap, game over.
  15. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Just a general comment on Nerfs. Seems over the years Nerfs get applied much fast than fixes to things like spells or items which aren't working right. My guess is when some spell seems to be over powered all the classes not getting the benefit tend to whine about it. When something is broken for one class only the effected class cares.
    Theres always talk about play balance but isn't the point of the game to make classes different? If a group or raid succeeds what difference does it make who parsed the most?
    Of course it does as for some people its super important to have a bigger virtual thing so they came feel virtually important.
    Breanna likes this.