Returning monk, Sentinel of Fate, Re-Spec...

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Lordvoss, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    One set has like 100% crit (oddly the tanking set) the other (has more crit bonus, the dps set).
    For monks ( and bruisers to be honest) I would expect them to drop the dps sets haste gloves and at least take the tanking sets gloves w the damage/hate proc. (it has 10 crit).
    But honestly their is mix and matching wiith the set is probably the best option. Since block chance is ALL over the tanking set and that helps our minimum block on raid tanking ALOT.
    Chi is great for bruisers with knockout (and bruisers lower haste) and good in pvp. Not so much for monks. Although in SF the recast is alot quicker.
  2. ARCHIVED-fre'do Guest

We can give advice but we dont know your situation. AA lines fit the people....you know how you play. I looked at the others and i would not even think they are usefull but then they would think the same about mine. Me and BChizzle always disagree about monks, but we both love the class.
  3. ARCHIVED-bfspider Guest

urgthock wrote:
    fyi - superior riposte got replaced with superior guard.. which was a meh change...
  4. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

fredo wrote:
    I play monk at a much higher level then you and provide people the path to get the absolute most out of their monks. It isn't comparable with your completely limited casual playstyle for you to even come close to arguing monk builds with me. Last I checked you weren't even close to capping your aa's in TSO what would you know about monk builds when you don't even have all your aa's?
  5. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Apples@Nagafen wrote:
    Indeed. They have now given us yet another ability that requires a bit of clairvoyance to use. I'm not sure if I will keep it or move that point over to combination. But I hate combination as well so... I will just have to see.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cylmore Guest

Can you show some screenshots to help provide that path of where you put your aa's? Or at least give a list of how you used them? Thanks!

BChizzle wrote:
  7. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Cylmore wrote:
    I have 6 more AA to get to 250 then I will post my AA tree.
  8. ARCHIVED-swbles Guest

Xerq@Crushbone wrote:
    Personally I really like altruism from the agi line any death saves for a healer i'm a big fan of With the new gear I'm at 85% crit chance unbuffed anyways(just from new legendary gear) so I dont see a huge need in putting points towards crit chance.
  9. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Lizzoraus@Blackburrow wrote:
    Death saves dont stack so ours casted on others is a complete waste when you take into account every tank has their own saves plus any healer ones that might be cast on them.
  10. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    [IMG]
    Enjoy, one option is to drop the lightening palm from the TSO tree and pop that into mit in the monk tree if you want but this build should provide you with substancial dps and even some utility I have tanked Theer with it and really I don't think we have to overcompensate on defense on AA's anymore to raid tank but i will probably build a pure tank spec if some of the hard encounters end up too tough. As far as the who DA and Crit argument in the KoS tree look if you are over 100% da with your gear of course it makes sense to drop DA aa's and if you are over 110% crit then sure drop the str line. But from my experience alot of the items so far have crit bonus and potency and we don't get those from AA's so why wouldn't you use the AA's for crit and DA and load up on as much potency and crit bonus as you can on your gear?
  11. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

got a few questions for you bchizzle. so you still go after crane flock/twirl? (for get the name of it) and why are you doing that lol weapons are 4.0 sec delays now that means the attacks you get from it go down. and then you say to drop crit at 110, but to crit on a mob lvl 98 epic x4 100% of the time requires a 124% crit if my guild leader has done the math right so then why drop it to go below 100% and not crit 100% of the time increasing your dps
  12. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Mosha DKhan wrote:
    4 second delays doesn't mean less dps from craneflock. 110% add a bard what are you at? I doubt you will be taking down a level 98 x4 without a bard.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cylmore Guest

Xerq and BChizzle and others who have posted ss or listed aa's. thanks. Mine won't be exactly what is listed but it has really helped me out in figuring things out. thanks again.
  14. ARCHIVED-mr23sgte Guest

15. ARCHIVED-BlueX Guest

urgthock wrote:
    Raiders could as likely be near caps on DA as they could on DPS, so a preference to CF over Chi is not necessarily due to stat caps.
    Chi is a great utility for solo play, particularly for farming bosses. But for group/raid dps, you are going to do better (at least in TSO and SF where there's a lot of multi-mob encounters) with Crane Flock.
    Assuming +dps and +da are both capped with gear/buffs, consider that best case, Chi will double your CA dps for 30 seconds (lets you get 2 full CA rotations in place of 1) and is usable every ... what? 7 minutes and change with Agi line and buffs? Compare that to Crane Flock which will take your auto-attack dps and multiply it by however many mobs you are facing (up to 4x) for 24 seconds, and is usable many times more often than Chi. Even if CA dps accounted for up to half of a monk's total dps (which is probably generous), the choice for dps is still pretty clearly in favor of CF.
  16. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    4 second delay does mean less dps from it. if you auto attack less it goes off less which mean.....oh no it procs less. add it all up and you get less dps. and you just said you you where at over 100% drop the crit. think the crit gives you 19.8% not sure something like that which puts you down to an 90 ifyou are at 110%. so with a dirge you get to 100% but guess what you are still 24% short of criting 100% of the time on 98 epic x4, and with you saying you dont get much crit out of raid gear, i am will to bet you dont make that 24% up. ant currrently i am at 121% crit if you must know with a 102 DA. now with my myth proc i get to a 133% so i am thinking about droping the crit line. but if i do that now i go to a 101% and with a dirge it is a 111% so i still am not there. so if i get a few more pieces i might but for the mean time i am going to stay with the crits so all my stuff is crits doing more damage = more dps. if you dont get that, then you are not the uber brawlers you claim to be and are telling people the wrong stuff and heading them to bad ideas. but hey i get it now. you are scared with a new expansion that there is more competition of someone one geting higher lvl and taking you raid spot.
  17. ARCHIVED-Polynikes Guest

Mosha DKhan wrote:
    1. 4 sec delay won't be less dps unless the weapon is inferior to your 2.5 delay weapons. They make up for hitting less often by hitting and thus critting for more. You shouldn't lose any dps from procs either. Find a couple 4 sec delay weapons with close to the same damage rating as whatever you are using now and test it on some training dummies.
    2. I'm pretty sure Bchizzle meant if you can be at 110% crit without our crit line then you could drop it. If you are at 121% crit you could definitely drop a few points and still be maxed out with a dirge. If you dropped 5 points you would still have 112%. Unless you mean 121% with a dirge and then you probably need to keep it as is.
  18. ARCHIVED-BlueX Guest

Mosha DKhan wrote:
    You're completely wrong about a 4 sec delay being worse dps.
    Assuming we are comparing a 4 delay weapon and a 2.5 delay of the same damage rating:
    1. The 4 delay weapon is going to hit less often but harder to make up for it, as Dorieon said. This is inherent in the way that DR is calculated.
    2. Most procs are normalized (including myth proc), meaning that proc chance is calculated based on weapon delay. Slower weapons get an increased chance to proc to compensate.
    The only real advantage I can see with a 4 delay weapon is possibly being able to get 2 CAs between auto-attack swings. That would probably increase our dps on short fights, but on long fights it'd be about the same once you run out of CAs to mash.

But I haven't finished myth buff quest, so I haven't discovered yet if I can fit 2 CAs between 4.0 delay weapon swings.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kasandria Guest

As a casual/duo/threesome player who always has a cleric and usually has a conjurer with me I'm really more interested in DPS on a heroic at best level. I'm not likely to ever get my epic although I have some shards from before they 'fixed' it.. I mostly have quested or mastercrafted gear. Anyone have suggestions for that kind of set up? I never, ever raid and not to be rude, but it doesn't seem like a raid setup would be the best for me. I appreciate the info in this thread although the tone of some of the responses is shabby and would appreciate a guideline for the busy with life kind of monk I am.
    I have to admit the new stats have me slightly befuddled as well, I can't figure out whether I should be going for STR since I'm only in the 800's on that or clip my str for crits or for .. etc. either LOL