Returning and unsure what class

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Neferium, May 3, 2018.

1. Neferium New Member

Hello! I am planning on casually playing on the Fallen Gate server with my BF. he has chosen an illusionist.

Things have changed all over since I last played and am unsure what I should play to duo with him and occasionally group with others as well. I have thought about a healer, warlock, wizard, conjuror, coercer, a bard of some sort, a paladin, or maybe even a ranger.

Really, I am just all over the map lol. But, definitely want to play something that could compliment the illusionist well and perhaps serve in groups together where other players wont question our purpose in life for oddball pairings.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
  2. Gnomaana New Member

Hmm. To duo a lot with illusionist you probably want a char that can tank a bit. Pally can tank pretty well and has some healing ability so that may be an option. I've never played one but friends of mine used to love their Pallys.
  3. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I cant really speak as to what compliments what, as I have very rarely grouped. I can speak to what I like so far, though, if it will help.

My first character in the game was a Warden, Caster/Healer. Not the best for soloing, but might do well in a group if you want to both Fight and Heal (has many group/raid healing spells)

As to Casters/Magic Users, I have a Conji and a Wizard, and I greatly prefer the Conji hands down. Not just because of the fighting pet, but they just seem to be more efficient in spell usage, and have a faster casting speed, (good class to solo with).

I have a couple melee chars, including Swashbuckler, Ranger, & Assassin. The second 2 are still very low level, but the ranger so far does not wow me. The Swashbuckler is by and far one of my top favorite characters, maybe tying with my Conji. At this point the Assassin seems like a mash up of Swashy and Ranger, but not in a bad way. All three have range attacks, but Swashy kicks butt with many Area of Effect attacks, and dual wield fighting, another good class if you decide you want to do some soloing when your friend isn't around.

Im generally not into tanks, my only fighter so far is a Monk, and she is also still very low level. But she seems to do decent damage with punching and kicking, also has range attacks.
  4. Skadad Member

tank or healer or bard probably. Rogues(swash/brig) do not solo/duo that superwell imo, at least not arrowups

edit. Sorry was thinking about Fallen gate TLE server, on live it probably doesnt matter as much due to mercenaries and stuff :)
  5. FalconClash Well-Known Member

As Gnomaana suggested, a tank that can also heal is something to consider. It would be a good idea if at least one of you had healing skills.

I have been considering possibly making a berserker, but I cant decide what race I want to make it, XD