returned to eq2...necro question

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Klatu, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Klatu New Member

I recently returned the the game and my main was a 82 Necro. Since I didn't really raid or do many dungeons since I have a small child, i am still using primarily Systematic Blight armor. Is their a new armor set closer to my level that doesn't require to raid or long dungeons?
  2. VeilShard Active Member

There isn't really an armor "set" that you can do a questline for, but as I am an 85 necro now I was starting to replace some of that gear around 80 with various things I found off the broker, some legendaries and also the fabled gear you can get with dungeon maker tokens. I found in the 70's there wasn't much better then the 60 questline stuff.
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

You will get rewards as you work the quests in SF/SH, then those will get upgraded again if you do quests in DOV 1.0 zones (Great Divide and Eastern Wastes). Those are sufficient (for soloing anyway) until you get to 90 and start the WL quests for those upgrades. Then you'll get a whole other set of gear after lvl 92 by doing the signature quest in the new COE zones. Once you have all that equipped, you can start running the solo instances and get all your jewelry/accessories up to 160 statted items, and if you're lucky, some 179 statted armor as well (its a rare drop and rarely for the class you want lol). Master crafted (especially if you take the time ti experiment on it) armor should be sufficent to get you into heroic groups for the spirits/essences needed to buy steward gear which will put you in good enough gear for raiding. But expect all this to take a while!
  4. Klatu New Member

thanks for the info!
  5. Morphius Member

You might want to reconsider playermade gear as it has improved tremendously from the last two expansions and rivals much of the raiding gear with the new experimentation feature.