Returned player, so confused with Ascension

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Easily Lost, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Obano Well-Known Member

Elementalist or etherialist is the best ascension class for Fury.
    Momo, Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So far as I can see, Etherealist puts out the most DPS.
    Momo, Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Does fervor help with heals?
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

Yes Sig..sorry for the mis-info (was typing from work). But the process to advance your ascended spells is a simple process with the help of your neighborhood friendly sage. I mean, look...even myself, who only really plays on weekends with some harvest dabbling before dinner on weekdays?

Most of my ascended spells are either GM, Ancient & Celestial. And I only came back not quite a year ago. No DBC leveling either. Just time and working with the guild's sages. And buying or looting pages in various heroics & solos.
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

I went to Thaumaturge on my Defiler because I thought the diseas dmg would work with my diety. And it does, to a certain extent. But if I had to do it over again, I would have gone Etherealist if only for the power feed.

On the other hand, with so many etherealists on the server, Thaum spells are relatively easy to come by, lol.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

For those who don't know, asking in the Crafting channel is good, but you can also use /who all sage 110 to find sages. Send them a tell, ask if you can schedule a time to meet with them etc. Expect to provide Planar Energy strands (harvest them, or buy them on the broker) and (if necessary) Illegible Scroll Pages. Plus a tip.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Kittik Well-Known Member

This is why I'm enjoying Kaladim so much. I tried to come back to EQ2 a year or two ago and it was just too frigging much of a constant uphill climb. Luckily, I found Kaladim and I'm really enjoying the game again.