Returned/Old Player - Couple of Questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Urex, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Urex New Member

I played 9+ years ago. I tried going back to the new servers a couple years back and found the game changes not to my liking so I didn't last long. This time I went straight to Fallen Gate/progression and am enjoying myself again!

Couple of questions:

1. I noticed one of my 'old' characters was a low level combat class but mid/higher level craft. Is it possible to have a crafter only (say after starter island/combat lvl 10 or so)?

2. I wanted to have a Conj in Freeport. I remember the betrayal quest but noticed a tooltip that said you don't have to betray, just talk to an Ambassador. Was that a tip not applicable to the progression servers?

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to 'good old days' once again!
  2. AccidentProne37 Active Member

Absolutely on #1. It can get difficult to survive to gather in some of the later levels but it is quite possible up to a point. I say up to a point because I do not have a crafter able to do the Stitch in time content and I've heard rumors that it might need adventure levels to be higher. Hopefully someone can confirm/deny that because I'm not positive.

#2 I was not aware of that change. I know an ambassador can change you from city to city but I thought in order to change actual faction you had to still betray. (Neriak to Gorowyn to Freeport amabassador while Evil to good or visa versa betrayal?) Could be changed though. I haven't tried since I've been back and have only been back myself a month. There is a betrayal token /faction switch token available on the marketplace though so its possible that you can do it without the betrayal process now.
  3. Urex New Member

On #1: Thank you, AP37. I thought that might be the case but wasn't sure. I was tinkering with crafting last night and remembered enjoying it so much that I was hopeful. Hooray!
    On #2: There was a post I found that said paying 50 tokens would betray so I was thinking maybe not for progression server. If anyone has additional info on this - most appreciated
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

Conjurer is Good side only. Sorry! You have to betray to a Necro to be from Freeport via the betrayal questline on Fallen Gate.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Welcome back! I hope you stay and play with us!
  6. Urex New Member

Thank you for the good answers and the kindly wishes. Most appreciated. I think I'll be staying a while, which is something I haven't said about an MMO for a while. See you in game!
  7. Neritti Member

Ya there are a lot of features we don't have available on the TLE server, those instant betrayal tokens and stuff are some of them. I too came back about 8 months ago after an extended hiatus, TLE was about the only server I found tolerable to play on anymore.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Example

If you start in an evil city (Freeport or Neriak, or Gorowyn (neutral)) you can change citizenship between any of those three cities by simply speaking to an ambassador. If you wish to change your citizenship to a good city (Qeynos, Kelethin, or New Halas (neutral)), you have to do the betrayal quest if on FG, if you are on a live server, you can either do the betrayal quest of buy the bauble.