Returing to Game dealy?

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-nihilux, Oct 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-nihilux Guest

I just resubbed yesterday and it looks like I am going to have to unsub.. . No I am not a new player.
    I downloaded the free to play, but when I resubbed I installed the full game via the launchpad. Now what has changed? NOTHING. I still get same massive delay when I get in game. Graphics and movement are fine. Opening game windows. Using spells. toggeling off and on my mount. Leaving one zone for another these things do not happen. So I wait to see if the game will sync / catch up, one or two things might but still I am not able to do anything.
    There is nothing wrong with my gaming rig, as it is a gaming rig. It's not even a year old! It runs TOR. RIFT. ANd any other mmo / high end graphics fluidly.
    What is going on with this game? It wasn't like this when I left. Also note that that last time I played EQ2 I had just got this rig and it was fine then. Some serious help / explantion is needed hereas this is really unacceptable.
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Alustair@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    First, We'd like to welcome you back to EverQuest II! I would first recommend making sure EverQuest II is set as an exception to all antivirus/firewall programs running on your computer. I would also check your connection. Are you running your connection wirelessly? If so, try plugging directly into the modem to see if this makes a difference.
  3. ARCHIVED-nihilux Guest

TSR-AlexS wrote:
    This is a serious let down. This is a gaming rig I am using. I have played over serveral mmo's all of which run flawlessly. But also I left stricly to pick up where I left off in EQ2.. DCUO, RIFT, SWTOR. These mmos are no issue on my machine. EQ2 wasn't an issue on my machine, THIS machine before I left.
    I am not new to gaming. Nor new to steps in ensuring optimal functionality. My connection is not problem, nor is my firewall / antivirus.. As the software I have on this rig has gaming modes and settings designed strictly allow optimal play. Whatever is going on with eq2 is on your end. And this has me livid.
    I just gave this company 15 dollars and I cannot even play it? You know just as much as I do that I will not be refunded either. It's bad enough that you cannot find the direct install of the complete game without have to inquire on the forums. That you also have to install the F2P in order to do the other. If you don't why is hard to find? Where is it other than on the lauchpad?
    Something is clashing on your end and I am faily certain that it has to do with F2P. The steaming is horrid. AND IT IS CLASHING WITH THE UPGRADING AND INSTALLATION OF THE FULL GAME.
    Issues below.
    As a result of installing the F2P then upgradging to the full game.
    Latency. I log in No welcome screen. Graphics and movment are fine. Profroming actions are NOT. Try to toggle on my mount nothing happens. I try to equip gear nothing happens. 8 to 12 minutes later. All the stuff I tried to do when I logged in will happen or half of them. And still there are other delays.
    I log out then in 2 more times and this problem is still happening, but not as bad. I go to the Commonlands. I get their but guess what? Now I cannot leave. Once again graphics and movent is solid. I run around the zone waiting for the game to catch up. I didn't even attempt to enter Darklight Wood from CL. I get annoyed and log out then back in now I am in Darklight wood. I log out then back in. Now everything is fine. I leave DLW go to the guild hall. Suddenly I go from fullscreen to window, but when this happens a window pops up in the form of a screenshot showing my toon in Darklight wood then the screen goes black then back to me being in the guild hall.
    Now that is not me. That's not on my end AT ALL. I have tried everthing. Even made sure that my end is working right IT IS. I even installed RIFT F2p. No issues no nothing. I then installed in DCUO no issues nothing. FIX your files, provide a better install of the game that does not have you going through the F2P. Whatever it takes because this is just nonsense.
    I have already unsubed. This is beyond unacceptable and I do not like feeling as if I have been ripped off. I will be infoming people about this.