Retuning in Veeshan's Peak

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Itsumo, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Ashmodai9 Guest

Pitt Hammerfist wrote:
    Not at all. In fact, it's quite nice. When we did it pre-mythicals, overDPSing wasn't a huge issue, in fact we pretty much learned the encounter and killed it in a night. It felt good to beat it, it was a challenge, and we let out a "yay!" on Vent when it died, because it was fun and exciting, but it certainly wasn't 'too hard'. We don't compete on a WW scale or anything like that, haven't killed avatars, don't have overpowered last tier's avatar gear or anything, and that's what it took to kill the mob. Not a whole lot, really, when you think about it. I don't think that's overpowered, there's nothing broken except the fact that you need an above average level of player skill in your raid force. Now, when we went in the 2nd time we wiped because we were doing way too much DPS with our new mythicals (see post earlier about my thoughts on this), but that's a separate issue.

I think people have just gotten used to the complete push-over that the mobs in EoF/KoS all were (after they'd nerfed Tarinax) - don't think there was a challenging instanced encounter in either of those expansions, by the time they got around to fixing the charm/other lag spikes in EoF, which added an artificial level of difficulty to otherwise rather easy encounters, they were all a joke. Considering one of the main complaints is that raid encounters are boring, poorly thought out and easy, and how they are compared to endgame WoW raids which have a much higher level of complexity and difficulty, I think this is a step in the right direction - they just have to find the right balance; this balance has been achieved with Nexona, and slightly overshot with Druushk.

Druushk v2.1? Well, he's killable straight-up with Mythical weapons, as we learned the 2nd time through, but with a bit of pain. I've already aired my opinion of that mob earlier in the thread and quite agree that it is a tad powerful in it's current form, mostly due to the "un-fun elements" referenced by whichever Dev made the statement quoted earlier (I forget), no arguments there. It shouldn't be a loot pinata, it should be harder than current Nexona, but not quite as tough as it is now.

Really, if your guild is struggling on Nexona, you need to improve, that's it. Mythical weapons are very powerful, and they aren't meant for just anyone who can zone into VP (which is just about every casual guild out there, over 4 months into the expansion now), but reserved for those who can actually defeat challenging content. VP is the "premiere" raid zone of the expansion, the easy stuff is in T1-T3. There needs to be some instanced content that is truly challenging, worthy of grats when you kill it, and has appropriate rewards. If anything, I'd like to see the rest of the zone (AND THE LOOT) revamped to be more challenging and fun, the only other mob with any level of difficulty worth mentioning at all in the whole zone (and really, she's a kitten compared to Druushk and Nexona) is Silverwing. That's what makes for some boring raiding, not encounters like Nexona.
  2. ARCHIVED-Granaan Guest

killable on 42 lu. with 1 inc mythic.
    by Surreal
  3. ARCHIVED-Vorlak Guest

killable sure dosnt mean its enjoyable. lets look at it this way, nexona and druushk are both completly borked in the way a game should be played. Why couldnt they just use some common sence? Lets put it this way, we got our epics... we kill nexona/druushk and basicly we lose about 1-2 people a raid now so its getting harder, probably going to close up shop (ie stop raiding) until next LU unless something is addressed. Online scrabble > eq2 raiding.