Retuning in Veeshan's Peak

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Itsumo, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Gaellen Guest

So let me get this right.
    These mobs were intended to be gatekeepers, but implemented without anybody actually testing them. A handful of guilds who got there first bypassed the gatekeeper, and the rest of us are just SOL?
    Pure class. Thanks. Really.
  2. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

a little more accesible is all he needs to be, he will still be harder to beat than druushk v 2.0 the one other guilds beat (or better said a lot of guilds exploited).
    Never asked for a Druushk which people march over like the t5 angler the current state of druushk was non accesible for almost if not all guilds, still havent heard a report of any guild in game without mythicals beating the current druushk.
    So yeah I m getting my hopes up on us beating the fixed encounter as should all other non mythical guilds who were faced with a druushk no guild has beaten without mythicals and thus was a bit over the edge as SOE acknowledges and will adress.
    I spose the guilds who beat druushk v2.2 will have a better chance to beat it and will have to do with a greater feeling of "pride" (as far as pride in succeeding in a game goes) compared to the guilds who got their mythicals a few weeks earlier on easy mode.
    I guess that will have to do as a reward.
  3. ARCHIVED-InsertNeko Guest

quetzaqotl wrote:
    Sadly, this has turned into ROK's motto. Random nerfs, broken epics, badly implemented "gatekeepers" that have been exploited and untested.
    yea ... "I guess that will have to do as a reward"
  4. ARCHIVED-Jaice Guest

Both Druushk and nexona are Far out of line in difficulty to what a tier appropriate guild would be able to complete. The only guilds We see completing these encounters have already been farming Higher progression mobs. The only guilds killing the current version of Druushk have Mythical epics from pre 2.1 druushk.
    Im curious why SONY chooses to block guilds that do not complete an encounter in day 1. In trying to slow up the guilds who are speedily downing these mobs, all you end up doing is increasing their deadlock on the servers resources. Now every guild that was even slightly behind (my guild only pulled druushk the day after the patch) is pretty much SoL. With people choosing to app to the 2 guilds that are killing the mobs to get their mythicals.
    If the goal of the sony team is to keep a player base that is happy and content to keep playing, why ruin the raid progression for 90% of raiders, and give the HUGE advantage of easier loot to the `10% of the guilds ahead. I seem to remember this happening with DT updates in T7 also. Is it company policy to chase away the slightly less hardcore players? My guild Raids every day, and only slowed in kunark progression due to a missing illusionist and a low attendance priest. now that we have it all straightened out, we are dead in the water. Very discouraging. I dont often pay to play games I can not progress in, especially knowing its harder now to do the same than thing 3 weeks ago.
    In the future, instead of Changing encounters that have already been farmed for months by a handful of guilds, try releasing fresh 'challenging' encounters for those guilds. So every one else can still have some fun on the 'old mobs' .
    I just wish the developers cared about the fairness of their 'nerfs'. They strike me as that DM in d&d that played not to let people have a good time, but to see how badly they could beat up their games members.
  5. ARCHIVED-AttilaVigilante Guest

deleted out of good taste nothing to see here
  6. ARCHIVED-Vorlak Guest

yea sony screwed some guilds hardcore by not addressing things promptly. like our raid guild for instance lost some dps/healers/utiltiy (4-5) people because of this... they didnt go to another guild either they just cancled there accts and told us sorry but they wont pay another month to sony 4yrs and they havnt learned a thing... who can blame them.
  7. ARCHIVED-InsertNeko Guest

I have to agree, sony's actions (or lack of) have really set me back lately. I wonder these days why i bother paying them to take the fun out of the game.
  8. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

we fought nexona tonight...
    I'm sorry but who has killed this mob in its current state ?
    The shineys spawn every 15 odd seconds, and the x2 mobs are tough as especially when they take 10 seonds to get to you and another one isnt that far behind it.
    lol its just a bit overpowered dont you think ?
    In the 3 years ive been raiding eq2 i've never seen a mob quite this tough
    Maybe you've beaten it by resetting the adds with a coercer hmm ?
  9. ARCHIVED-Pik'ee Guest

Say what you want about the Druushk encounter, I would guess 99.9% of all guilds with mythicals beat Nexona "properly" killing all the adds that spawn, dealing with the drakes and still finding time to forbid sorcerers to nuke Nexona herself hehe.

It really is a tough one, but it is entirely possible without mythicals as plenty of guilds have shown.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Pitt Hammerfist wrote:
    Nexona is doable once you figure out his script, have the right amount of dps and a raidforce that listens.

Druushk on the other hand. /wrist
  11. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Pitt Hammerfist wrote:
    this mob, while challenging is no where near impossible. x2's every 15 secs? I don't think so. And no you don't need to coercer memwipe the adds to beat it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Soldancer Guest

Kizee wrote:
    On my server atm only one guild is able to clear VP. All others with VP access are hanging at Nexona. Sure, the uberguilds like that situation but is this good for the health of the game? I think not. The avatar raid content is that part of the game that should be reserved for the uberguilds (and maybe also Trak) but not the normal raidcontent.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Soldancer wrote:
    I don't know what to tell you.... there are 2 guilds on befallen that can kill Nex and befallen is pretty much the worst raid server.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Soldancer wrote:
    the only thing that's 'reserved' is your guilds dedication to learning the harder encounters. I'm sorry you feel jilted by this, but the encounters is doable, and is doable without mythical weapons.
  15. ARCHIVED-Soldancer Guest

@Sabutai Permanently repeating "It's doable" does not change the facts and fact is that almost every guild is hanging at Nexona (there is a difference between "doable" and "doing"). We could make a long debate why that's the case but that's not the point. The point is that there is something wrong with the current situation.
  16. ARCHIVED-docpaulpur Guest

When something is wrong, there will always be at least 1 "player" that sustains that nothing is. Remember EoF launch and KoS raids being close to unbeatable? I remember someone on forum saying about the same, i.e , "don't suck at playing", "L2P", "we killed it just fine" etc.

The problems is that it's not EoF anymore, where the hard mob has been Rumbler (due to stability problems) or Wuoshi (due to design), but that that this is VP where motivation to clear the zone for loot has been minimal at best before, and now it's closing to 0. Want proof? 5 Guildies cancelled accounts recently, 2 more to come, me included. Those persons all stated what has been stated before, that RoK raids are boring, rewards do not match the risk (yes, even with the **** nameds from before), now nameds being jacked up to the level of being ridiculous.

Of course they are beatable, but the question is , who wants to wipe day after day for the slim chance that you will kill them for the epics, knowing that the next week you are left with just the encounter and nothing rewarding to back it up. Frustration builds up and leads to subscription cancelling. And you can't talk around that with "learn your encounters" speech. There's far bigger problems at the base, and this seems to be the last straw for many.
  17. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Soldancer wrote:
    why? because for some reason you just can't figure it out. Can't finish it? The dev chat specifically said they wanted gatekeepers to the mythical weapons. They are meant for those guilds that legitimately have a chance to contend for the harder content, ie Avatars etc. The fact that its instanced doesn't take anything away, it just prolongs when you'll figure it out. If you REALLY want to beat something, stop whining about it and do it.
  18. ARCHIVED-Vorlak Guest

sony could have done alot better job at designing these mobs, granted they where a push over before but they are just by all means now a means of luck to win. what do i mean by luck, i mean by we only wipe when a mob desides to double wack our tank, or adds deside hey lets take the shortcut thru the gemotry totally by passing the offtank/add group. luck isnt a skill its crap.
  19. ARCHIVED-MisterE Guest

Remember the old "gatekeeper" mobs from the past tiers??
    T5 darathar. end dude you farmed all the instances to get the gear to beat him... you got your prismatic. whoot.. big day for the guild when u killed him nice job.
    T6 godking. OMG another end dude you farmed instances to get the gear to beat him to. Pris 2.0 whooot another big day for the guild when he died.
    T7 KOS Tarinax. insert access quest as a gate for entrance to the zone then you gotta farm gear to beat the end mob to get the claymore. Whoot big day when he died too..
    T7 EOF SOD quest meh same thing farm instance content to get to a guy oh snap... not just one but three?? hrm.. okay no worries so one of the easier encounters in the game got me my SOD thanx sony. (still shoulda been the big ugly in throne room imo)
    Ahhh the good ole days when progression actually means that the end guy has all the goodies...
    and here we come to this new expansion.. T8 the OMGZORZ WE GONNA GET EPICS!!! hype.. folks reactivate accounts grind to 80 push hard the entire community comes together on a class by class basis world wide to help each other solve the riddles and locations.. Folks speculate.. what mob is gonna hold the epics.. who will we have to kill.. first gueses were trakanon.. ya that makes sense.. he is a mean mutha... Nobody has beaten him yet.. THAT HAS TO BE IT..
    Wait what is this?? i gotta kill what?? the second mob in the zone?? wha?? ur kidding me right?? no wai.. why? what? meh no worries loot pinata... must mean trak is only killable with mythicals.. cool beans thanx sony i will take your weapon and use it to progress to the big boy of the expansion... lets do this...
    NOT
    Now instead of being able to at least progress as far as our guild used to be able to progress... i am stuck at the second (insert a really mean adult word here please kkthanx) mob in the zone?? i cant even get to my class armor?? then the rumors start flying around, "dude did you hear about X guild?? no man what happened?? dude they said heck with the broken stuff and just quit" ya thats starting to happen alot you want proof just look at that "other" site for it...
    Look at the guilds looking for players.. all of em are slowly bleeding from loss of certain players.. this is a hard time for raiding guilds right now....
    So the raiding player base comes here to voice concerns and look for some glimmer of a response to what appears to be one huge major goofup...
    what do we get from sony? suck it up buttercup its working as intended..
    well i guess i will keep grinding my T1-T3 zones in one night maybe two if we take really long breaks... On the bright side, the guild bank has lots of adornment material... Oh ya i guess we can farm gems.. cool and um we can kill ekron too and that first mob so heck we should be happy with being able to kill two names in VP right??? Im sure in time we will kill nexona we are working at it and she will fall she seems beatable.. but the next mob in the line?? holy cow... It just boggles my mind..
    and still not a word from sony.. maybe if they are quiet the problem will just go away.. ya thats it..
  20. ARCHIVED-Jaice Guest

The obvious reason for sony's choice in making nexona and druushk unbeatable now to any guild that didnt beat them 2 weeks ago is this. They want you to go away. Shoo, shoo, stop paying us, go by 'x game currently in beta'.
    BTW, ubar guilds or what ever they wanna be called is not unaffected by this. in 5-6 months when your looking too fill recruits and theres literally no one left playing who is not already in 'ubar guild', maybe then youll understand wth is wrong with the 'not quite end game' content. People arent gonna just line up for a spot in these guilds and wait for months to get back to content they were already farming. they will move on.
    Wouldn't the VAST majority of the guilds who exploited a 'broke druushk pull' alone be reason enough to tone these mobs down now? the house has already been broken into, why lock the doors for every one else? I want my mythical, and because my guild wasnt willing to exploit poor pathing and leashing mechanics im screwed? Thanks for upholding your end of the user agreement sony, if your gonna tell people not to exploit stop rewarding them for it.