Restored Highkeep Guild Hall

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Afista, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Juraviel Active Member

Mae - I could not have said it any better than you have. :)
    Avahlynn likes this.
  2. Voraga New Member

High Elf- It also takes 7500 or 10,000 of the shattered hearstones to get the deed from what I understand. SOE is welcome to correct me on this but I doubt they would make it so that one combine would earn the hall. Will let you know in 2 days tho cause I'm at about 2 days 12 hours to learn the recipe.

Mae- I agree that if they are going to say its for adventurers then crafters need a "crafting" hall added in game that would be as difficult for non-crafting oriented guilds to acquire as the current High Keep hall is for crafting/alt guilds to acquire.

That being said, I think the idea of having multiple play styles be able to contribute at the same speed would have been a better choice, IE if adventures can clear the hall and get say 640 heartstones a week, then crafters should be able to repair the damage done to earn the same 640 a week, this would be one way to level the playing field for guilds btw the 640 is based on doing a "weekly" and seven dailies and I don't actually know how many heartstones you currently earn for those so the number 640 was pulled from under my couch cushion please don't flame the actual number, the idea tho well lets hear how you would balance the playing field for guilds?

Voraga
    knightowl, Avahlynn and High Elf like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

This would be an excellent idea for a 'current' tradeskill instance since all the existing ones are geared for lvl 80.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It's a researched recipe, from the tradeskill apprentice and is a level 30 crafter research recipe so was at the bottom of my list of recipes to still research.(Must have Age of Discovery or purchased the ability alone or part of the feature pack available in the marketplace)
    High Elf likes this.
  5. High Elf Active Member

Thanks for the info. I found the recipe on my tradeskill researcher guy. From what I have seen, the heartstones come in two flavors. First, is the "High Keep Heartstone" which is dropped by mobs, and also a reward for certain quests in HK contested. These type of heartstones go directly into your guilds achievement (you never get them in your bags).

The second type of heartstone is this "Shattered High Keep Heartstone" which also drops from mobs and can be repaired by a crafter. This does not create a deed actually (like it says), but is just one of the 7k or 10k heartstones that you need for the achievement which results in your guild having a deed to the new guild hall.

I'll bet when you craft one of these shattered heartstones it also goes directly into your gullds achievement counter and you never even get it in your bags. This is not very exciting really, and for the crafters who do this, the guild may never know unless you make an effort to tell them that you crafted some of these heartstones for them. Not very exciting crafting wise if you ask me.

Thanks everyone who responded to my post about finding the recipe. I think I'm on the right track now.
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

My understanding is the recipe turns the shattered into the regular heartstones, which then update your achievement. I know the item shows that it creates a deed, but I don't think it does. But yes, we do have to wait for research to be finished to know for sure.
    High Elf likes this.
  7. Caith Developer

The deed is listed on the item as indicating what the items is working towards, if it is confusing players we can remove it.
  8. Sylistra New Member

I have several concerns over the way the guild hall is acquired.

Firstly, it forces all people who run the zone to donate the tokens they earn to the guild that character is in. I only have a couple of characters able to run HKC and if I want to get the hall for my own alt guild, that means I have to pull a character from one of the other guilds or advance at a snail's pace using whatever shattered Heartstones I win in a group.

Secondly, what happens to all those Heartstones you earn after the guild has gained the 10000? Do they continue to go to the guild or are they changed into Heirloom currency you are then able to move about between characters?

Thirdly, it favours the guilds focused on grouping/raiding and tosses those family guilds, roleplay guilds, crafting guilds and decorating guilds out into the cold to wait for the scraps on the broker. Hardly fair.

The guild halls should have a VIABLE way for both crafter guilds and others, to earn an equivalent amount of tokens doing what they love without having to pay out the nose for it.

It is not bad when the guild you are in WANTS the guild hall. I have no objection to helping earn it at all, but when you have a character in a guild that has made it clear it DOES NOT want the guild hall, then all Heartstones going towards that guild's achievement are wasted
    Naudi, Avahlynn, Mae- and 2 others like this.
  9. Darkon Well-Known Member

It really doesn't help raiding guilds. Most of us have every item out of contested highkeep, or the items were nerfed into oblivion (the tank items) so they're now no longer worth farming.

It helps the casual guilds who will still be in high keep farming regularly. I've killed every named in high keep at least 5x, some of them more like 9x, and this achievement being implemented late is frustrating. We would probably have the guild hall if it had appeared at the same time as the new zone, alas, that didn't occur.

The reason you craft items in EQ2 is to be able to sell them to other players, or earn status, or do writs (thereby earning money and status).

You can use the results of your crafting to purchase the shattered heartstones from adventurers.

That's how every MMORPG economy has always worked. You craft things to make $, and then you use that $ to buy things that adventurers obtain. If you could simply do a crafting weekly then there would be no interaction between adventurer and crafter, and all those 'shattered heartstones' the adventurers are collecting would be trash because the crafters would have a way to get the guild hall on their own.

Creating no need for interaction between the two communities would be bad design, and I'm glad that the people at SoE realized that.

That said, all it takes is ONE person being a 95 adventurer to start working on the heartstones. You don't need a full group of 95's. I know being the leader of the premiere raiding guild on Crushbone, it's rare that we have 'full' guild groups. Often times there are 3-4 groups going on at a given time, but each of those groups is comprised of 2-3 guildies, and 3-4 pug's from level chat. It's not like we inspect peoples gear before you show up, so all you have to do is be 95 and not /afk to start farming heartstones.

Or you can be level 10 and a 95 crafter. Create arrows. We adventuring types buy those. You can use the money you get from making arrows to buy heartstones. Or do writs. Use the money earned by doing writs to buy heartstones. Or sell the status you earn doing writs to buy heartstones. Arrows were just an example.

If you're as decorator, offer to decorate houses for 1kp/house, and guarantee that it gets hall of fame. I know almost everyone in my guild would pay 1k for the title 'Hall of Famer'. Hell, if it's a large house, offer to do it for 1.5k! Plus material cost, obviously. Offer to do themed hall of fame houses for 2k.

There are HUNDREDS of ways to earn this guild hall. Most of them involve working with other players, and all of them are time consuming. It's obviously not intended to be a 'log in and you have it' achievement'.

I like it, I really hope they don't change it.
    Gash and Errrorr like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

The cheap shattered heartstones on Butcherblocker are 220 plat... each. No amount of 'selling arrows' is going to earn enough plat for 7500 shattered heartstones at those prices.. not unless you're selling the super rare arrows.. but those take adventure got items.. so back to square one.

The only way to 'gaurantee' a house hits hall of fame status is to 'cheat' and make sure you've got a bunch of people on different accounts who will go in and 'like' a house.

Nobody who is asking for a crafting way to earn the GH is asking for a 'log in and you have it' achievement. They're looking for a way that doesn't depend 99% on adventuring.
    Afista, Avahlynn and Alenna like this.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

Crafters are not asking for a "Log in you have it" They are asking for a way to EARN it using their preferred play-style. Please Devs look into Kuulie's suggestions as ways for crafters to EARN the achievements as they play the game their way without having to be 99% dependent on adventurers to get the achievements.
    Afista and Avahlynn like this.
  12. Darkon Well-Known Member

Adventurers rely on crafters to make food/drink/arrows/adorns/transmute/potions.

Crafters rely on adventurers to get adventure items like the items for the high keep guild hall.

I don't see the problem?
  13. Malleria Well-Known Member

The problem is income vs cost. Adventurers get a lot of plat, and spend a fairly low amount on consumables. Crafters get little plat, and are having to spend a lot on the heartstones.

If HK contested was worth farming in and of itself, it probably wouldn't be a problem because as the adventurers get their guild halls they'll start listing more heartstones on the broker and prices would drop. But since contested offers virtually nothing of value except the heartstones, once adventurers have their own halls sorted they'll stop farming it entirely, thus causing the price of heartstones to rise further.

If you want to get into specifics, the cheapest shattered heartstone on AB currently is 73p (from the players house). There certainly aren't enough listed at that price to get the achievement, but for arguments sake lets say there was.

For a T2 HK hall you would have to pay: 547,500p

For a T3 HK hall you would have to pay: 730,000p

How many stacks of arrows and food would you have to sell to accumulate 730,000p?

Consider also, the T4 freeport/qeynos guild halls cost only 1,000p to purchase.
    Afista, Avdima, Alenna and 2 others like this.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

guess I should move to BB :p I had like 8 listed for 100 plat each and most of the people were unhappy with that, so I lowered it to 50plat each xD
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I suggest the recipe link a heart stone with the text indicating this item will raise the achievement level towards a deed, rather than it showing an actual deed. Please have it show High Keep Heartsone since that what it is actually being crafted?
    High Elf and Mermut like this.
  16. Pauly Well-Known Member

Why would someone invite me to group in HKC for Heartstones when they can just loot the drops and try to sell them to me instead?

I have a feeling many attitudes would suddenly change if adventurers had to pay crafters 100+p for EACH update.

You want crafter/adventure interaction? fine. What exactly do adventures need from crafters that cost several hundred thousand plat to obtain this hall? nothing. It's complete crap imho.
    Carthalis, Mae- and Avahlynn like this.
  17. Pauly Well-Known Member

Adventurers can get 60 a day? Give me some direction how that is possible for a crafter to generate enough plat to buy that many in the same time frame pls

I CAN craft and earn 1k plat a week if I put my heart into it. How many shattered heartstones will that buy? 10 if I'm lucky. Hmmm 7500/10? 750 weeks to earn a guild hall? Really?

Surely 'All play styles' is meant to include those who don't like heroics.
    Afista, Banneloria, Carthalis and 2 others like this.
  18. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

It would be nice if everyone in the group received 1 shattered heartstones from trash chests, and lets say 1-3 each for named. These should be distributed to group members in the same manner as obols imo. Many people group with others outside their own guild, and the RNG can be a cruel mistress! I think currently trash has a chance to drop 1-3, and named 3-5? Making it a fixed number, or smaller range I think would prevent them from becoming far too plentiful. perhaps adjust the chance to drop a currency chest on trash down a small fraction to compensate. Just my thoughts.
  19. Darkon Well-Known Member

The thing is the shattered heartstones are useless to adventurers, so they'll probably sell very cheaply. What most of you are missing is most 95 adventurers are ALSO 95 crafters. They will maximize both playstyles, whereas a 'pure crafter' will not.

They should get it faster.
  20. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

So by your logic....the broken ones are cheap and useless to adventurers cause they need crafters to repair them, BUT most high adventurers are high crafters so thus, broken ones aren't useless after all?
    Malleria likes this.